Guus F Rimmelzwaan
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Rimmelzwaan G, Kreijtz J, Bodewes R, Fouchier R, Osterhaus A. Influenza virus CTL epitopes, remarkably conserved and remarkably variable. Vaccine. 2009;27:6363-5 pubmed publisher..A mutational analysis of this epitope indicated that it is under functional constraints. Also in influenza A viruses of other subtypes, including H5N1, the M1(58-66) is highly conserved. ..
- Altenburg A, van de Sandt C, van Trierum S, De Gruyter H, van Run P, Fouchier R, et al. Increased Protein Degradation Improves Influenza Virus Nucleoprotein-Specific CD8+ T Cell Activation In Vitro but Not in C57BL/6 Mice. J Virol. 2016;90:10209-10219 pubmed..Although we were unable to increase the NP-specific immune response in the mouse strain used, this approach may have benefits for vaccine development using less-immunogenic proteins. ..
- de Vries R, Altenburg A, Rimmelzwaan G. Universal influenza vaccines: a realistic option?. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22 Suppl 5:S120-S124 pubmed publisher..We review options for the development of universal flu vaccines and discuss progress that has been made recently. ..
- Rimmelzwaan G, Boon A, Geelhoed Mieras M, Voeten J, Fouchier R, Osterhaus A. Human airway epithelial cells present antigen to influenza virus-specific CD8+ CTL inefficiently after incubation with viral protein together with ISCOMATRIX. Vaccine. 2004;22:2769-75 pubmed....
- Rimmelzwaan G, Verburgh R, Nieuwkoop N, Bestebroer T, Fouchier R, Osterhaus A. Use of GFP-expressing influenza viruses for the detection of influenza virus A/H5N1 neutralizing antibodies. Vaccine. 2011;29:3424-30 pubmed publisher....
- de Vries R, Nieuwkoop N, Pronk M, de Bruin E, Leroux Roels G, Huijskens E, et al. Influenza virus-specific antibody dependent cellular cytoxicity induced by vaccination or natural infection. Vaccine. 2017;35:238-247 pubmed publisher..This assay will facilitate the assessment of ADCC mediating serum antibodies after (universal) influenza vaccination or infection and may define ADCC activity as a correlate of (cross-) protection in the future. ..
- Wumkes M, van der Velden A, de Bruin E, Meerveld Eggink A, Koopmans M, Rimmelzwaan G, et al. Microarray profile of the humoral immune response to influenza vaccination in breast cancer patients treated with chemotherapy. Vaccine. 2017;35:1299-1305 pubmed publisher..Overall there was a broad serum antibody response to the influenza virus vaccine in patients treated with chemotherapy for breast cancer. ..
- Ortiz J, Hickling J, Jones R, Donabedian A, Engelhardt O, Katz J, et al. Report on eighth WHO meeting on development of influenza vaccines that induce broadly protective and long-lasting immune responses: Chicago, USA, 23-24 August 2016. Vaccine. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This report highlights the major discussions of the meeting...