Mariëlle W Pijnenburg
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Bronchiectasis in children after renal or liver transplantation: a report of five casesMarielle W H Pijnenburg
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, PO Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Transplant 8:71-4. 2004..We recommend including follow-up of lung function in the post-transplantation protocol and considering bronchiectasis in case of respiratory symptoms, to try preventing further damage to the lung...
- Titrating steroids on exhaled nitric oxide in children with asthma: a randomized controlled trialMariëlle W Pijnenburg
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus University Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, P O Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:831-6. 2005..Treatment guidelines are mainly symptom-driven but symptoms are not closely related to airway inflammation. The fraction of nitric oxide in exhaled air (FENO) is a marker of airway inflammation in asthma...
- Daily ambulatory exhaled nitric oxide measurements in asthmaMariëlle W Pijnenburg
Department of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:189-93. 2006..Home FENO measurements are feasible, and offer the possibility to asses airway inflammation on a daily basis. Further study is needed to interpret and evaluate possible benefits of FENO home monitoring...
- Exhaled nitric oxide in childhood asthma: a reviewM W H Pijnenburg
Department of Paediatrics Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Allergy 38:246-59. 2008..In pre-school children Fe(NO) may be of help in the differential diagnosis of respiratory symptoms, and may potentially allow for better targeting and monitoring of anti-inflammatory treatment...
- Monitoring strategies in children with asthma: a randomised controlled trialSandra Voorend-van Bergen
Department of Paediatrics, Division Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Thorax 70:543-50. 2015..Asthma guidelines recommend monitoring of asthma control. However, in a substantial proportion of children, asthma is poorly controlled and the best monitoring strategy is not known...
- Monitoring childhood asthma: web-based diaries and the asthma control testSandra Voorend-van Bergen
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Allergy Clin Immunol 133:1599-605.e2. 2014..Data from asthma diaries are frequently used as an end point in asthma studies; however, data on the validity of Web-based diaries are scarce...