Sebastian J C Neggers
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Medical approach to pituitary tumorsS J C M M Neggers
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 124:303-16. 2014..In acromegaly and TSH-secreting adenomas medical treatment has a more prominent role than in Cushing's disease. In this chapter the efficacy and side-effects of the different medical therapies is discussed according to adenoma type. ..
- What is active acromegaly and which parameters do we have?S J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Section Endocrinology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:609-14. 2012..Both GH and IGF1 have been associated with prognosis, in particular mortality. In this review, we discuss the available parameters to assess disease activity in acromegaly...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of combined treatment of somatostatin analogs and pegvisomant in acromegalySebastian J C M M Neggers
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University MC Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4598-601. 2007..We previously reported the efficacy of a combined treatment of active acromegaly with both long-acting somatostatin analogs (SSA) and pegvisomant (PEG-V)...
- Quality of life in acromegalic patients during long-term somatostatin analog treatment with and without pegvisomantS J C M M Neggers
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3853-9. 2008....
- Combined treatment for acromegaly with long-acting somatostatin analogs and pegvisomant: long-term safety for up to 4.5 years (median 2.2 years) of follow-up in 86 patientsS J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Erasmus University, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 160:529-33. 2009..We previously reported on the efficacy, safety, and quality of life (QoL) of long-acting somatostatin analogs (SSA) and (twice) weekly pegvisomant (PEG-V) in acromegaly and improvement after the addition of PEG-V to long-acting SSA...
- Somatostatin analog and pegvisomant combination therapy for acromegalySebastian J C Neggers
Department of Medicine, Endocrinology Section, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Endocrinol 5:546-52. 2009..In this Review, we discuss the available data on the long-term efficacy and safety of somatostatin analog-pegvisomant combination treatment and its potential use in patients with acromegaly...
- Conversion of daily pegvisomant to weekly pegvisomant combined with long-acting somatostatin analogs, in controlled acromegaly patientsSebastian J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pituitary 14:253-8. 2011..However, there seems to be a wide variation in the reduction of PEG-V dose, which can be obtained after conversion to combined treatment...
- Combination treatment with somatostatin analogues and pegvisomant in acromegalyS J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Section Endocrinology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Growth Horm IGF Res 21:129-33. 2011..Transient elevations in the levels of transaminases are the main adverse effects of combination treatment, which occur in about 11-15% of patients...