Pieternella J Lugtenburg
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Impact of age group on febrile neutropenia risk assessment and management in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP regimensPieternella Lugtenburg
Department of Hematology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 12:297-305. 2012..Better application of guidelines could reduce rates of FN and improve outcomes...
- Management of aplastic anemia in a woman during pregnancy: a case reportKrista Jm Stibbe
Department of Obstetrics of Gynaecology, Erasmus University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Case Reports 5:66. 2011..abstract:..
- Treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the elderly: strategies integrating oncogeriatric themesPieternella J Lugtenburg
Department of Hematology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Oncol Rep 10:412-9. 2008..This article reviews the efficacy and toxicity of the current treatment regimens applied for the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in elderly patients and provides practical recommendations for the management of these patients...
- Three-day treatment with imipenem for unexplained fever during prolonged neutropaenia in haematology patients receiving fluoroquinolone and fluconazole prophylaxis: a prospective observational safety studyLennert Slobbe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, s Gravendijkwal 230, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 45:2810-7. 2009..This study evaluates the safety of discontinuing empirical broad-spectrum antibiotics if no microbial source is documented after an initial work-up of 72 h...
- Outcome and medical costs of patients with invasive aspergillosis and acute myelogenous leukemia-myelodysplastic syndrome treated with intensive chemotherapy: an observational studyLennert Slobbe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 47:1507-12. 2008..Management of IA is expensive, which makes prevention desirable. Because hospital resources are limited, prevention costs have to be compared with treatment costs and outcome...
- Prevention of catheter-related bacteremia with a daily ethanol lock in patients with tunnelled catheters: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialLennert Slobbe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e10840. 2010..In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, we studied the efficacy and safety of a daily ethanol lock for the prevention of CRBSI in patients with a tunnelled central venous catheter (CVC)...
- Rituximab improves the treatment results of DHAP-VIM-DHAP and ASCT in relapsed/progressive aggressive CD20+ NHL: a prospective randomized HOVON trialEdo Vellenga
Department of Hematology, University Medical Center, Groningen, The Netherlands
Blood 111:537-43. 2008..These results demonstrate improved FFS and PFS for relapsed aggressive B-cell NHL if rituximab is added to the re-induction chemotherapy regimen...
- Aerosolized liposomal amphotericin B for the prevention of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis during prolonged neutropenia: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialBart J Rijnders
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 46:1401-8. 2008..Because pulmonary deposition of conidia is the first step in developing IPA, we hypothesized that inhalation of liposomal amphotericin B would prevent IPA...
- Incidence of voriconazole hepatotoxicity during intravenous and oral treatment for invasive fungal infectionsJan G den Hollander
Department of Internal Medicine, MCRZ, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:1248-50. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the incidence of hepatotoxicity in patients treated with the oral formulation of voriconazole with that in patients treated with the iv formulation...