L H J Looijenga
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Looijenga L, Gillis A, Stoop H, Biermann K, Oosterhuis J. Dissecting the molecular pathways of (testicular) germ cell tumour pathogenesis; from initiation to treatment-resistance. Int J Androl. 2011;34:e234-51 pubmed publisher..Further understanding will allow development of more targeted treatment, which will benefit quality of life of these young cancer patients. ..
- van Agthoven T, Eijkenboom W, Looijenga L. microRNA-371a-3p as informative biomarker for the follow-up of testicular germ cell cancer patients. Cell Oncol (Dordr). 2017;40:379-388 pubmed publisher..The ampTSmiR test is more sensitive than the conventional TGCC protein biomarkers for the detection of residual disease and relapse, excluding mature teratoma. ..
- Rijlaarsdam M, van der Zwan Y, Dorssers L, Looijenga L. DMRforPairs: identifying differentially methylated regions between unique samples using array based methylation profiles. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15:141 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, DMRforPairs is the first tool to identify and visualize relevant and significant differentially methylated regions between unique samples. ..
- Eckert D, Biermann K, Nettersheim D, Gillis A, Steger K, Jack H, et al. Expression of BLIMP1/PRMT5 and concurrent histone H2A/H4 arginine 3 dimethylation in fetal germ cells, CIS/IGCNU and germ cell tumors. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:106 pubmed publisher..This imposes epigenetic modifications leading to transcriptional repression in mouse PGCs enabling them to escape the somatic differentiation program during migration, while expressing markers of pluripotency...
- Looijenga L. Spermatocytic seminoma: toward further understanding of pathogenesis. J Pathol. 2011;224:431-3 pubmed publisher..However, this does not exclude an earlier cell of origin, possibly explaining the unique properties of this type of human germ cell tumour, with various counterparts in animals...
- Looijenga L, van Agthoven T, Biermann K. Development of malignant germ cells - the genvironmental hypothesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:241-53 pubmed publisher..These insights will allow a better definition of individuals at risk of developing a germ cell malignancy, and allow a better selection of scientific approaches to elucidate the corresponding pathogenesis...
- Looijenga L. Human testicular (non)seminomatous germ cell tumours: the clinical implications of recent pathobiological insights. J Pathol. 2009;218:146-62 pubmed publisher..The availability of representative cell lines, both for seminoma and for embryonal carcinoma, allows mechanistic studies into the initiation and progression of this disease. ..
- Looijenga L, Gillis A, Stoop H, Hersmus R, Oosterhuis J. Chromosomes and expression in human testicular germ-cell tumors: insight into their cell of origin and pathogenesis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1120:187-214 pubmed..The conclusion is that TGCTs are embryonic cancers found in adults. ..
- Looijenga L, Hersmus R, Oosterhuis J, Cools M, Drop S, Wolffenbuttel K. Tumor risk in disorders of sex development (DSD). Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;21:480-95 pubmed
- Looijenga L, Gillis A, Stoop H, Hersmus R, Oosterhuis J. Relevance of microRNAs in normal and malignant development, including human testicular germ cell tumours. Int J Androl. 2007;30:304-14; discussion 314-5 pubmed..Specific sets of differentiating miRNA were found to characterize the various differentiation lineages within the GCTs, which simulate normal embryonic development. ..
- Looijenga L, de Leeuw H, van Oorschot M, van Gurp R, Stoop H, Gillis A, et al. Stem cell factor receptor (c-KIT) codon 816 mutations predict development of bilateral testicular germ-cell tumors. Cancer Res. 2003;63:7674-8 pubmed..These patients may undergo tailored treatment to prevent the development of bilateral disease, with retention of testicular hormonal function. ..