H K Lau
Affiliation: Erasmus University
Country: The Netherlands
- Ischemic preconditioning and glucose metabolism during low-flow ischemia: role of the adenosine A1 receptorR de Jonge
Cardiochemical Laboratory, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 43:909-18. 1999..We tested the hypothesis that ischemic preconditioning is mediated by increased exogenous glucose use during low-flow ischemia, an effect triggered by adenosine A1 receptor activation...
- Regulation of proteolytic enzymes and inhibitors in two smooth muscle cell phenotypesH K Lau
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Res 43:1049-59. 1999..We wish to study the secretion of proteolytic enzymes and enzyme inhibitors from these SMC which may be important for their biological activities...
- The role of adenosine in preconditioningJ W de Jong
Thorax Center EE2371, Erasmus University, 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacol Ther 87:141-9. 2000..Preconditioning with adenosine-receptor agonists offers the possibility for treatment of coronary artery disease, but research in this field is still in its infancy...
- Enhanced expression and activity of xanthine oxidoreductase in the failing heartJ W de Jong
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 32:2083-9. 2000..Our results show that the expression of functional XOR is elevated in failing but not in hypertrophic ventricles, suggesting its potential role in the transition from cardiac hypertrophy into failure...
- Plasma urokinase antigen and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 antigen levels predict angiographic coronary restenosisB H Strauss
Division of Cardiology, Terrence Donnelly Heart Centre, Hematology University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 100:1616-22. 1999....