Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- A systematic review of randomized trials on the effectiveness of computer-tailored education on physical activity and dietary behaviorsWillemieke Kroeze
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Behav Med 31:205-23. 2006..Although computer-tailored promotion of dietary change and physical activity has been identified as a promising intervention strategy, there is a need for a more systematic evaluation of the evidence...
- Examining the minimal required elements of a computer-tailored intervention aimed at dietary fat reduction: results of a randomized controlled dismantling studyWillemieke Kroeze
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Health Educ Res 23:880-91. 2008..In conclusion, the combination of personal, normative and action feedback is required for inducing change in fat intake and improving awareness of fat intake...
- Comparison of use and appreciation of a print-delivered versus CD-ROM-delivered, computer-tailored intervention targeting saturated fat intake: randomized controlled trialWillemieke Kroeze
Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Department of Public Health, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Internet Res 10:e12. 2008..This may especially be the case for women, older people, and people of lower socioeconomic status. Knowledge about differences in use and appreciation could help in choosing the appropriate delivery mode for a particular target audience...
- The efficacy of Web-based and print-delivered computer-tailored interventions to reduce fat intake: results of a randomized, controlled trialWillemieke Kroeze
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nutr Educ Behav 40:226-36. 2008..To test and compare the efficacy of interactive- and print-delivered computer-tailored nutrition education targeting saturated fat intake reduction...
- Which intervention characteristics are related to more exposure to internet-delivered healthy lifestyle promotion interventions? A systematic reviewWendy Brouwer
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Med Internet Res 13:e2. 2011..However, there is no systematic overview of which characteristics of Internet-delivered interventions may be related to more exposure...
- Biomarker evaluation does not confirm efficacy of computer-tailored nutrition educationWillemieke Kroeze
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nutr Educ Behav 43:323-30. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy of computer-tailored nutrition education with objective outcome measures...
- 'Be active, eat right', evaluation of an overweight prevention protocol among 5-year-old children: design of a cluster randomised controlled trialLydian Veldhuis
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 9:177. 2009..In 2005 a prevention protocol was developed applicable within Youth Health Care. This study aims to assess the effects of this protocol on prevalence of overweight and health behaviour among children...
- Saturated fat consumption and the Theory of Planned Behaviour: exploring additive and interactive effects of habit strengthGert Jan de Bruijn
Department of Communication Science, Amsterdam School of Communications Research ASCoR, Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Appetite 51:318-23. 2008..07) of habit strength. Higher habit strength may thus make limiting fat intake a non-intentional behaviour. Implications for information and motivation-based interventions are discussed...