Mariette H W Kappers
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Paraganglioma of the urinary bladderM H W Kappers
Department of Internal Medicine, Ikazia Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 66:163-5. 2008..Although the patient presented with classical signs and symptoms, these were only appreciated after histological examination of a transurethral resection specimen had elucidated the correct diagnosis...
- Hypertension induced by the tyrosine kinase inhibitor sunitinib is associated with increased circulating endothelin-1 levelsMariette H W Kappers
Division of Pharmacology, Vascular and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hypertension 56:675-81. 2010..In conclusion, sunitinib induces a reversible rise in BP in patients and in rats associated with activation of the endothelin-1 system, suppression of the renin-angiotensin system, and generalized microvascular dysfunction...
- The vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitor sunitinib causes a preeclampsia-like syndrome with activation of the endothelin systemMariette H W Kappers
Division of Pharmacology and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hypertension 58:295-302. 2011....
- Sunitinib-induced hypothyroidism is due to induction of type 3 deiodinase activity and thyroidal capillary regressionMariette H W Kappers
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3087-94. 2011..Anticancer treatment with the tyrosine kinase inhibitor sunitinib causes thyroid dysfunction...
- Sunitinib-induced systemic vasoconstriction in swine is endothelin mediated and does not involve nitric oxide or oxidative stressMariette H W Kappers
Division of Pharmacology and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hypertension 59:151-7. 2012..The sunitinib-mediated systemic hypertension is principally attributed to an increased vasoconstrictor influence of endothelin, with no apparent contributions of a loss of NO bioavailability or increased oxidative stress...
- Hypertension during vascular endothelial growth factor inhibition: focus on nitric oxide, endothelin-1, and oxidative stressStephanie Lankhorst
Division of Pharmacology and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antioxid Redox Signal 20:135-45. 2014..A common side effect of angiogenesis inhibition is the development of sometimes severe hypertension, which simultaneously appears to be predictive for a favorable antitumor response...
- Mechanism of hypertension and proteinuria during angiogenesis inhibition: evolving role of endothelin-1Stephanie Lankhorst
Department of Internal Medicine, Pharmacology and Vascular Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 31:444-54; discussion 454. 2013....
- [New insights into the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia: the role of angiogenesis-inhibiting factors]Koen Verdonk
Erasmus Medisch Centrum, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A2946. 2011..Whether elevations in the plasma concentrations of sFlt and sEng, combined with a decrease in placental growth factor concentrations, can be utilised as a predictor for pre-eclampsia is currently under investigation...
- Light-induced vs. bradykinin-induced relaxation of coronary arteries: do S-nitrosothiols act as endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factors?Wendy W Batenburg
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pharmacology, Vascular and Metabolic Diseases, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam 3015 GE, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 27:1631-40. 2009..Here we compared the mechanism of light-induced and bradykinin-induced PCA relaxation...