Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- ACTH-independent macronodular adrenocortical hyperplasia reveals prevalent aberrant in vivo and in vitro responses to hormonal stimuli and coupling of arginine-vasopressin type 1a receptor to 11β-hydroxylaseJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, P, O, Box 2040, Rotterdam, CA, 3000, The Netherlands
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:142. 2013..We investigated the prevalence of adrenocortical reactions to these stimuli in a large cohort of AIMAH patients, both in vivo and in vitro...
- Inhibins and activins: their roles in the adrenal gland and the development of adrenocortical tumorsJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 359:92-100. 2012..It is now clear that both peptides control adrenocortical physiology and are involved in adrenocortical tumorigenesis at multiple levels, both in murine models as well as in human patients...
- Serum inhibin pro-αC is a tumor marker for adrenocortical carcinomasJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Room Ee 532, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 166:281-9. 2012....
- Activin A stimulates AKR1C3 expression and growth in human prostate cancerJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 153:5726-34. 2012..In conclusion, activin A is controlled by androgens in PC models and regulates local androgen production. Activin A thus seems to mediate (residual) intratumoral androgen levels and could form a novel therapeutic target in CRPC...
- Melanocortin 2 receptor-associated protein (MRAP) and MRAP2 in human adrenocortical tissues: regulation of expression and association with ACTH responsivenessJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Room Ee 532, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E747-54. 2012..MC2R trafficking and signaling are dependent on the MC2R accessory protein (MRAP). The MRAP homolog MRAP2 also transports the MC2R to the cell surface but might prevent activation...
- Evidence of limited contributions for intratumoral steroidogenesis in prostate cancerJohannes Hofland
Departments of Internal Medicine, Urology, and Pathology, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 70:1256-64. 2010....
- Regulation of steroidogenesis in a primary pigmented nodular adrenocortical disease-associated adenoma leading to virilization and subclinical Cushing's syndromeJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 168:67-74. 2013..Mutations in the cAMP protein kinase A regulatory subunit type 1A (PRKAR1A) are causative of PPNAD. Steroidogenesis in PPNAD can be modified through a local glucocorticoid feed-forward loop...
- Interferon-β is a potent inhibitor of cell growth and cortisol production in vitro and sensitizes human adrenocortical carcinoma cells to mitotanePeter M van Koetsveld
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:443-54. 2013..The inhibition of the expression of steroidogenic enzymes by IFN-β is a novel mechanism that may explain its inhibitory effect on cortisol production...
- Intratumoral conversion of adrenal androgen precursors drives androgen receptor-activated cell growth in prostate cancer more potently than de novo steroidogenesisJinpei Kumagai
Department of Urology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Prostate 73:1636-50. 2013..These levels could originate from intratumoral conversion of adrenal androgens and/or from de novo steroid synthesis. However, the relative contribution of de novo steroidogenesis to AR-driven cell growth is unknown...
- Inhibin alpha-subunit (INHA) expression in adrenocortical cancer is linked to genetic and epigenetic INHA promoter variationJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e104944. 2014..701, p = 0.0036), but not associated with serum inhibin pro-αC levels. In conclusion, aberrant methylation and common genetic variation in the INHA promoter occur in human ACCs and are associated with decreased INHA expression. ..
- Renin and prorenin have no direct effect on aldosterone synthesis in the human adrenocortical cell lines H295R and HAC15Pieter M Jansen
Division of Pharmacology and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 13:360-6. 2012..Transgenic rats expressing the human (pro)renin receptor (h(P)RR) have elevated plasma aldosterone levels despite unaltered levels, in plasma and adrenal, of renin and angiotensin II...
- Expression and gene variation studies deny association of human HSD3B1 gene with aldosterone production or blood pressureGermaine C Verwoert
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 28:113-20. 2015..These findings challenge the long-standing hypothesis that all adrenocortical steroidogenesis is executed by the type II iso-enzyme, encoded by HSD3B2...
- Steroidogenesis vs. steroid uptake in the heart: do corticosteroids mediate effects via cardiac mineralocorticoid receptors?Wenxia Chai
Division of Pharmacology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 28:1044-53. 2010..To test whether glucocorticoids act as the endogenous agonist of cardiac mineralocorticoid receptors, we evaluated the cardiac effects of aldosterone and corticosterone and cardiac steroidogenesis vs. steroid uptake from plasma...