Catherine M Herba
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Differential neural responses to overt and covert presentations of facial expressions of fear and disgustMary L Phillips
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, KCL, London, UK
Neuroimage 21:1484-96. 2004..These results therefore suggest distinct neural correlates of conscious and unconscious emotion perception...
- Face and emotion recognition in MCDD versus PDD-NOSCatherine M Herba
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Autism Dev Disord 38:706-18. 2008..No significant group differences emerged for identifying facial expressions...
- Victimization and suicide ideation in the TRAILS study: specific vulnerabilities of victimsCatherine M Herba
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus University Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:867-76. 2008..We examine whether (1) parental psychopathology and (2) feelings of rejection (at home and at school) exacerbate vulnerability to suicide ideation in victims of bullying (pure victims and bully-victims)...
- Conduct problems in adolescence: three domains of inhibition and effect of genderCatherine M Herba
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Dev Neuropsychol 30:659-95. 2006....
- The development of emotion-processing in children: effects of age, emotion, and intensityCatherine M Herba
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, KCL, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1098-106. 2006..This study examined the effects of age and two novel factors (intensity and emotion category) on healthy children's developing emotion-processing from 4 to 15 years using two matching paradigms...
- Long-term associations of childhood suicide ideationCatherine M Herba
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1473-81. 2007..We investigated in a prospective longitudinal population-based study whether childhood suicide ideation is associated with negative mental health outcome in adulthood...
- Impact of familiarity upon children's developing facial expression recognitionCatherine M Herba
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, KCL, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:201-10. 2008..We examined the impact of personal familiarity upon developing facial expression recognition (FER)...
- Recognition of scared faces and the serotonin transporter gene in young children: the Generation R StudyEszter Szekely
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 52:1279-86. 2011..This study examined the effect of the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism on emotion processing in a large number of healthy preschoolers...
- Amygdala hypoactivity to fearful faces in boys with conduct problems and callous-unemotional traitsAlice P Jones
Medical Research Council s Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Department of Forensic Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Am J Psychiatry 166:95-102. 2009..Using functional MRI, the authors evaluated differences in neural response to emotional stimuli between boys with conduct problems and elevated levels of callous-unemotional traits and comparison boys...
- Infant brain structures, executive function, and attention deficit/hyperactivity problems at preschool age. A prospective studyAkhgar Ghassabian
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus MC Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:96-104. 2013..In a population-based study, we aimed to characterize the prospective association between brain structures measured during infancy and executive function and attention deficit/hyperactivity problems assessed at preschool age...
- Recognition of facial expressions of emotions by 3-year-oldsEszter Szekely
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Emotion 11:425-35. 2011..Finally, in line with previous studies, we found that recognized emotion categories are initially broad, including emotions of the same valence, as reflected in the nonrandom errors of 3-year-olds...
- Breastfeeding and early brain development: the Generation R studyCatherine M Herba
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Matern Child Nutr 9:332-49. 2013..Results are most consistent for gangliothalamic ovoid diameter, a subcortical structure rich in docosahexaenoic acid. Findings also pointed to non-specific neural developmental advantage for exclusively breastfed babies...
- Subcortical structures and the neurobiology of infant attachment disorganization: a longitudinal ultrasound imaging studyAnne Tharner
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Neurosci 6:336-47. 2011..These findings provide new insight into the etiology of infant attachment disorganization that may in part be neurodevelopmentally determined...