Joost P J J Hegmans
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Immunomodulation in cancerJoost P J J Hegmans
Erasmus MC Cancer Institute, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Ee 2253a, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3045 PE Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Curr Opin Pharmacol 17:17-21. 2014..We have to adapt the strategy to the changing positions created by the opponent. Using all these skills, we might control cancer growth in the future. ..
- Low-dose cyclophosphamide synergizes with dendritic cell-based immunotherapy in antitumor activityJoris D Veltman
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:798467. 2010..Addition of cyclophosphamide improved immunotherapy leading to an increased median and overall survival. Future studies are needed to address the usefulness of this combination treatment for mesothelioma patients...
- Tumour-derived exosomes as antigen delivery carriers in dendritic cell-based immunotherapy for malignant mesotheliomaNiken M Mahaweni
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus MC Cancer Institute, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Extracell Vesicles 2:. 2013....
- Patient-tailored modulation of the immune system may revolutionize future lung cancer treatmentMarlies E Heuvers
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Postbox 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 12:580. 2012....
- Proteomic analysis of exosomes secreted by human mesothelioma cellsJoost P J J Hegmans
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 164:1807-15. 2004..Exosomes may play an important role in the interaction between tumor cells and their environment...
- Protein profiling of pleural effusions to identify malignant pleural mesothelioma using SELDI-TOF MSJoost P J J Hegmans
Department of Pulmonary Medicine Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 50 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Technol Cancer Res Treat 8:323-32. 2009..Our study validates the use of SMRP as a diagnostic marker for pleural mesothelioma and furthermore suggests that Apo CI levels could be used in the future to discriminate pleural mesothelioma from other causes of exudates...
- Immunotherapy of murine malignant mesothelioma using tumor lysate-pulsed dendritic cellsJoost P J J Hegmans
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus MC, H Ee2253a, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:1168-77. 2005..Currently, dendritic cell-based immunotherapy is evaluated clinically in a number of malignancies, including melanoma and urogenital and lung cancer, showing variable but promising results...
- COX-2 inhibition improves immunotherapy and is associated with decreased numbers of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in mesothelioma. Celecoxib influences MDSC functionJoris D Veltman
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 10:464. 2010..In addition, we determined if dietary celecoxib treatment leads to refinement of immunotherapeutic strategies...
- Arginase-1 mRNA expression correlates with myeloid-derived suppressor cell levels in peripheral blood of NSCLC patientsMarlies E Heuvers
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus Medical University Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Lung Cancer 81:468-74. 2013..This method is therefore a useful alternative for the complex flowcytometric analysis in large multicenter patient studies...
- Gene expression profiling and gene copy-number changes in malignant mesothelioma cell linesClaudia Zanazzi
Department of Pathology, Erasmus Medical Center, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:895-908. 2007....
- ExosomesJoost P J J Hegmans
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 484:97-109. 2008..Although the full understanding of the significance of exosomes requires additional studies, these membrane vesicles could become a new important component in orchestrating responses between cells...