J A Haagsma
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Community incidence of pathogen-specific gastroenteritis: reconstructing the surveillance pyramid for seven pathogens in seven European Union member statesJ A Haagsma
Centrum voor Infectieziektebestrijding, Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 141:1625-39. 2013..and Salmonella spp. Incidence estimates resulting from the pyramid reconstruction approach are adjusted for biases due to different surveillance systems and are therefore a better basis for international comparisons than reported data...
- Systematic review of general burden of disease studies using disability-adjusted life yearsSuzanne Polinder
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Popul Health Metr 10:21. 2012..abstract:..
- Systematic review of foodborne burden of disease studies: Quality assessment of data and methodologyJuanita A Haagsma
Erasmus MC, Department of Public Health, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Int J Food Microbiol 166:34-47. 2013..This harmonization can be achieved by identifying substantial data gaps and uncertainty and establish which sequelae of foodborne disease agents should be included in BoD calculations. ..
- Prevalence rate, predictors and long-term course of probable posttraumatic stress disorder after major trauma: a prospective cohort studyJuanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, CA, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 12:236. 2012..The second aim was to assess the long-term course of probable PTSD following injury...
- Improved and standardized method for assessing years lived with disability after injuryJ A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, PO Box 2040, Rotterdam 3000 CA, Netherlands
Bull World Health Organ 90:513-21. 2012..To develop a standardized method for calculating years lived with disability (YLD) after injury...
- Posttraumatic stress symptoms and health-related quality of life: a two year follow up study of injury treated at the emergency departmentJuanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 12:1. 2012..This study examined the association between PTSD symptoms and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in a comprehensive population of injury patients of all severity levels and external causes...
- A systematic review of studies measuring health-related quality of life of general injury populationsSuzanne Polinder
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 10:783. 2010..We performed a systematic review of studies measuring HRQL in general injury populations with a generic health state measure to summarize existing knowledge...
- Disease burden of post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome in The NetherlandsJ A Haagsma
Laboratory for Zoonoses and Environmental Microbiology, Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 138:1650-6. 2010..PI-IBS is a frequent sequel of IID, resulting in a considerable disease burden compared to other outcomes. If this relationship is not considered, this will result in an underestimation of the disease burden of IID...
- Infectious disease risks associated with occupational exposure: a systematic review of the literatureJuanita A Haagsma
Laboratory for Zoonoses and Environmental Microbiology, Centre for Infectious Disease Control Netherlands, National Institute for Public Health and Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Occup Environ Med 69:140-6. 2012....
- The effect of comorbidity on health-related quality of life for injury patients in the first year following injury: comparison of three comorbidity adjustment approachesJuanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, P, O, Box 1738, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Popul Health Metr 9:10. 2011..abstract:..
- Beyond the neglect of psychological consequences: post-traumatic stress disorder increases the non-fatal burden of injury by more than 50%Juanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Inj Prev 17:21-6. 2011..Psychological consequences such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are currently neglected in burden-of-injury calculations...
- Epidemiological burden of minor, major and fatal trauma in a national injury pyramidS Polinder
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 99:114-21. 2012..The aim of this study was to measure the total health impact of fatal and non-fatal unintentional injury in the Netherlands...