Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Immunomodulatory effect of mesenchymal stem cells on B cellsMarcella Franquesa
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Netherlands
Front Immunol 3:212. 2012..In the present review we will analyze and discuss the results in this field...
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Solid Organ Transplantation (MiSOT) Fourth Meeting: lessons learned from first clinical trialsMarcella Franquesa
Transplantation and Nephrology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Transplantation 96:234-8. 2013....
- The effect of rabbit antithymocyte globulin on human mesenchymal stem cellsMarcella Franquesa
Transplantation Laboratory, Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 26:651-8. 2013..rATG reduces the viability and antiproliferative capacity of MSCs in a dose-dependent manner and converts them into targets for CD8 T cells and NKT cell lysis...
- Kidney regeneration and repair after transplantationMarcella Franquesa
Transplantation Laboratory, Internal Medicine Department, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 18:191-6. 2013..To briefly show which are the mechanisms and cell types involved in kidney regeneration and describe some of the therapies currently under study in regenerative medicine for kidney transplantation...
- The impact of mesenchymal stem cell therapy in transplant rejection and toleranceMarcella Franquesa
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 17:355-61. 2012..The aim of the present review is to analyze the potency of MSCs cell therapy in solid organ transplantation...
- Mesenchymal stem cells induce an inflammatory response after intravenous infusionMartin J Hoogduijn
1 Nephrology and Transplantation, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Stem Cells Dev 22:2825-35. 2013..Our results suggest that the in vivo immunomodulatory effects of MSCs originate from an inflammatory response that is induced by the infusion of MSCs, which is followed by a phase of reduced immune reactivity. ..
- No evidence for circulating mesenchymal stem cells in patients with organ injuryMartin J Hoogduijn
1 Nephrology and Transplantation, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Stem Cells Dev 23:2328-35. 2014..The conclusion of this study is that MSC are not recruited into the circulation in patients with injured solid organs and during aggressive immune responses after transplantation. ..