Elaine A Dzierzak
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- The emergence of definitive hematopoietic stem cells in the mammalElaine Dzierzak
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Hematol 12:197-202. 2005....
- Erythropoiesis: development and differentiationElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus MC, Erasmus Stem Cell Institute, Department of Cell Biology, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 3:a011601. 2013..This article highlights the developmental and differentiation events necessary in the production of hemoglobin-producing red blood cells...
- Expression analysis of the TAB2 protein in adult mouse tissuesC Orelio
Erasmus University Medical Centre, Dept of Cell Biology and Genetics, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Inflamm Res 56:98-104. 2007..The Interleukin-1 (IL-1) signaling component TAK1 binding protein 2 (TAB2) plays a role in activating the NFkappaB and JNK signaling pathways. Additionally, TAB2 functions in the nucleus as a repressor of NFkappaB-mediated gene regulation...
- Placenta as a source of hematopoietic stem cellsElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus MC Stem Cell Institute, Dept of Cell Biology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Mol Med 16:361-7. 2010..As a rest tissue that contains potent hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), the human placenta could represent (in addition to umbilical cord blood cells) an accessible supplemental source of cells for therapeutic strategies...
- The discovery of a source of adult hematopoietic cells in the embryoElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus MC, Erasmus Stem Cell Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 135:2343-6. 2008..Dieterlen-Lièvre's 1975 paper created a paradigm shift in hematopoietic research, and provided a new and lasting focus on hematopoietic activity within the embryo body...
- Stem cell researchers find their nicheElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus Medical Center, Department of Cell Biology, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 135:1569-73. 2008....
- Of lineage and legacy: the development of mammalian hematopoietic stem cellsElaine Dzierzak
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Immunol 9:129-36. 2008..This review presents a historical overview of and the most recent data on the developmental origins of hematopoiesis...
- Long-term maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells does not require contact with embryo-derived stromal cells in coculturesRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Stem Cells 23:842-51. 2005..In summary, we show for the first time long-term maintenance of adult bone marrow HSCs in stroma noncontact cultures and identify some secreted molecules that may be involved in this support...
- Coordinated acquisition of inhibitory and activating receptors and functional properties by developing human natural killer cellsBartosz Grzywacz
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota, 425 E River Rd, Suite 660, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 108:3824-33. 2006..The identified stages of NK-cell differentiation provide evidence for coordinated acquisition of HLA-specific inhibitory receptors (ie, CD94/NKG2A) and function in developing human NK cells...
- Stromal cell lines from mouse aorta-gonads-mesonephros subregions are potent supporters of hematopoietic stem cell activityRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 99:1183-9. 2002..These results strongly suggest that during midgestation, not only the AM but also the UG subregion provides a potent microenvironment for growth and maintenance of the first HSCs...
- Characterization of the First HSCs During Mouse OntogenyElaine Dzierzak; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results should give insight into the source and complexity of adult HSC production. ..