Elaine A Dzierzak
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- The emergence of definitive hematopoietic stem cells in the mammalElaine Dzierzak
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Hematol 12:197-202. 2005....
- Expression analysis of the TAB2 protein in adult mouse tissuesC Orelio
Erasmus University Medical Centre, Dept of Cell Biology and Genetics, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Inflamm Res 56:98-104. 2007..The Interleukin-1 (IL-1) signaling component TAK1 binding protein 2 (TAB2) plays a role in activating the NFkappaB and JNK signaling pathways. Additionally, TAB2 functions in the nucleus as a repressor of NFkappaB-mediated gene regulation...
- Of lineage and legacy: the development of mammalian hematopoietic stem cellsElaine Dzierzak
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Immunol 9:129-36. 2008..This review presents a historical overview of and the most recent data on the developmental origins of hematopoiesis...
- Stem cell researchers find their nicheElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus Medical Center, Department of Cell Biology, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 135:1569-73. 2008....
- The discovery of a source of adult hematopoietic cells in the embryoElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus MC, Erasmus Stem Cell Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 135:2343-6. 2008..Dieterlen-Lièvre's 1975 paper created a paradigm shift in hematopoietic research, and provided a new and lasting focus on hematopoietic activity within the embryo body...
- Placenta as a source of hematopoietic stem cellsElaine Dzierzak
Erasmus MC Stem Cell Institute, Dept of Cell Biology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Mol Med 16:361-7. 2010..As a rest tissue that contains potent hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), the human placenta could represent (in addition to umbilical cord blood cells) an accessible supplemental source of cells for therapeutic strategies...
- Long-term maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells does not require contact with embryo-derived stromal cells in coculturesRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Stem Cells 23:842-51. 2005..In summary, we show for the first time long-term maintenance of adult bone marrow HSCs in stroma noncontact cultures and identify some secreted molecules that may be involved in this support...
- Stromal cell lines from mouse aorta-gonads-mesonephros subregions are potent supporters of hematopoietic stem cell activityRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 99:1183-9. 2002..These results strongly suggest that during midgestation, not only the AM but also the UG subregion provides a potent microenvironment for growth and maintenance of the first HSCs...
- Coordinated acquisition of inhibitory and activating receptors and functional properties by developing human natural killer cellsBartosz Grzywacz
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota, 425 E. River Rd, Suite 660, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 108:3824-33. 2006..The identified stages of NK-cell differentiation provide evidence for coordinated acquisition of HLA-specific inhibitory receptors (ie, CD94/NKG2A) and function in developing human NK cells...
- Characterization of the First HSCs During Mouse OntogenyElaine Dzierzak; Fiscal Year: 2007..If indeed embryonic aorta-derived HSCs migrate and colonize the adult bone marrow, our insights into their generation and expansion should lead to novel methods for clinical HSC expansion and thus, improve transplantation therapies. ..
- Characterization of the First HSCs During Mouse OntogenyElaine Dzierzak; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results should give insight into the source and complexity of adult HSC production. ..
- FIRST HSCS DURING MOUSE ONTOGENYElaine Dzierzak; Fiscal Year: 2000..This information will be compared to immunohistochemistry of embryo tissues which has been done previously or will be done in parallel with the RT-PCR analysis. ..