Roy S Dwarkasing
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- The CARTS study: Chemoradiation therapy for rectal cancer in the distal rectum followed by organ-sparing transanal endoscopic microsurgeryGuus M J Bökkerink
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Surg 11:34. 2011..The CARTS study is a multicenter feasibility study, investigating the role of rectum saving surgery for distal rectal cancer...
- MRI evaluation of urethral diverticula and differential diagnosis in symptomatic womenRoy S Dwarkasing
Department of Radiology, Section of Abdominal Imaging, Erasmus MC, University Hospital Rotterdam, Rm Hs 257, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 197:676-82. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of MRI in the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of urethral diverticula in symptomatic women...
- Is bone scintigraphy indicated in surgical work-up for hepatocellular carcinoma patients?Caroline D M Witjes
Department of Hepatobiliary and Transplantation Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Res 181:256-61. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the use and yield of baseline bone scintigraphy in patients with HCC necessitating high-risk surgical resection...
- Comparison of macroscopic pathology measurements with magnetic resonance imaging and assessment of microscopic pathology extension for colorectal liver metastasesAlejandra Méndez Romero
Department of Radiation Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:159-66. 2012..To compare pathology macroscopic tumor dimensions with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) measurements and to establish the microscopic tumor extension of colorectal liver metastases...
- Hepatocellular adenomas: correlation of MR imaging findings with pathologic subtype classificationSusanna M van Aalten
Department of Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Radiology 261:172-81. 2011..To investigate the correlation between magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings and pathologic subtype classification of hepatocellular adenoma (HCA)...
- Increased alpha-fetoprotein serum level is predictive for survival and recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma in non-cirrhotic liversCaroline D M Witjes
Division of Hepatobiliary and Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Dig Surg 29:522-8. 2012..Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) may be diagnosed in the absence of cirrhosis. However, little is known about prognostic factors for the survival of HCC patients with a non-cirrhotic liver in the absence of well-established risk factors...
- [Hepatocellular carcinoma: the significance of cirrhosis for treatment and prognosis--retrospective study]Carlijn D M Witjes
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, afd Heelkunde, Hepatobiliaire en Transplantatie Chirurgie, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A1747. 2010..To determine whether the presence of liver cirrhosis was related to the treatment options and survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- [Hepatocellular adenomas and pregnancy]Mirelle E E Bröker
Erasmus MC, afd Chirurgie, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A5102. 2012..Patient C was advised to not get pregnant before an intervention because of the tumour's central location within the liver. We also describe the general clinical presentation and treatment of patients with a hepatocellular adenoma...
- Validation of a liver adenoma classification system in a tertiary referral centre: implications for clinical practiceSusanna M van Aalten
Department of Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 55:120-5. 2011..We aimed to validate this adenoma classification system and to determine the clinical relevance of the subtypes for surgical management...
- Is restaging with chest and abdominal CT scan after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer necessary?Ninos Ayez
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus MC, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 20:155-60. 2013..This study evaluated the value of restaging with chest and abdominal computed tomographic (CT) scan after radiotherapy...
- Chronic anal and perianal pain resolved with MRIRoy S Dwarkasing
1 Department of Radiology, Section of Abdominal Imaging, Erasmus MC, University Hospital Rotterdam, Rm Hs 257, s Gravendijkwal 2303015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:1034-41. 2013..CONCLUSION. In 39% of patients, MRI showed abnormalities that were clinically confirmed as the final diagnosis. Surgical treatment will especially benefit patients with suppurative lesions, resulting in relief of pain...
- Kidney and urinary tract imaging: triple-bolus multidetector CT urography as a one-stop shop--protocol design, opacification, and image quality analysisMaka Kekelidze
Department of Radiology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Radiology 255:508-16. 2010..To retrospectively evaluate renal, vascular, and urinary tract visualization following a single postcontrast multidetector computed tomographic (CT) urographic sequence performed with three limited-volume bolus injections...
- Is the outcome of transanal advancement flap repair affected by the complexity of high transsphincteric fistulas?Litza E Mitalas
Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Dis Colon Rectum 54:857-62. 2011..Until now no definite risk factors for failure have been identified. The question is whether the more complex fistulas, such as those with horseshoe extensions and associated abscesses, have a less favorable outcome...
- MR imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma: relationship between lesion size and imaging findings, including signal intensity and dynamic enhancement patternsIndra C van den Bos
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1548-55. 2007..To assess the relationship between lesion size and MR imaging findings of pathologically-proven hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...