J Jasper Deuring
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Impeded protein folding and function in active inflammatory bowel diseaseJ Jasper Deuring
Erasmus MC University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, s Gravendijkwal 230, Room L 462, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 39:1107-11. 2011..In the present review, we discuss the possible inflammatory pathways affecting protein folding and eventually leading to IEC malfunction in patients with active IBD...
- Absence of ABCG2-mediated mucosal detoxification in patients with active inflammatory bowel disease is due to impeded protein foldingJ Jasper Deuring
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre Rotterdam, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 441:87-93. 2012....
- Genomic ATG16L1 risk allele-restricted Paneth cell ER stress in quiescent Crohn's diseaseJ Jasper Deuring
Department Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gut 63:1081-91. 2014..Paneth cells are specialised antimicrobial epithelial cells localised to the small-intestinal crypt-base. Here, we investigate whether genomic variations in ATG16L1 affect Paneth cell function...
- The cell biology of the intestinal epithelium and its relation to inflammatory bowel diseaseJ Jasper Deuring
Erasmus MC University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Department Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Netherlands
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:798-806. 2013..Thus the knowledge on intestinal cell biology and biochemistry is not only of academic interest but may also aid design of novel avenues for the rational treatment of mucosal disease...
- Dichotomal effect of space flight-associated microgravity on stress-activated protein kinases in innate immunityAuke P Verhaar
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, s Gravendijkwal 230, NL 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Sci Rep 4:5468. 2014..Thus our results identify Jun-N-terminal kinase as a relevant target in immunity for microgravity and support using Jun-N-terminal kinase specific inhibitors for combating autoimmune disease...