Michael den Bakker
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- CD31 staining in epithelioid sarcomaM A den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
Virchows Arch 443:93-7. 2003....
- Microsatellite instability in a pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma in a patient with hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancerM A den Bakker
Departments of Pathology and Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Histopathology 43:297-9. 2003..To describe the rare occurrence of a pleomorphic sarcoma with microsatellite instability in a patient with hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC)...
- Small cell carcinoma of the lung and large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma interobserver variabilityMichael A Den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Histopathology 56:356-63. 2010..To test the hypothesis that the published morphological criteria permit reliable segregation of small cell carcinoma of the lung (SCLC) and large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC) cases by determining the interobserver variation...
- NUT midline carcinoma of the parotid gland with mesenchymal differentiationMichael A Den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1253-8. 2009..The findings demonstrate the first case of NMC arising within salivary gland, and the first example of mesenchymal differentiation in this group of tumors...
- Life-threatening hemoptysis caused by chronic idiopathic pulmonary hilar fibrosis with unilateral pulmonary vein occlusionMichael A Den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:319-22. 2005..A detailed case history and review of the literature are presented...
- "Cutaneous-type" angiosarcoma arising in a mature cystic teratoma of the ovaryM A den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 59:658-60. 2006..Vascular tumours have only rarely been described as secondary somatic tumours in ovarian teratomas. The diagnostic features and complications of such tumours are described...
- Histoplasma-associated inflammatory pseudotumour of the kidney mimicking renal carcinomaMichael A Den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Virchows Arch 454:229-32. 2009..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a Histoplasma-associated inflammatory pseudotumour mimicking cancer occurring in the kidney...
- Tumours and tumour-like conditions of the thymus other than thymoma; a practical approachMichael A Den Bakker
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Histopathology 54:69-89. 2009..In this review, the disease entities that may be encountered in biopsy material from anterior mediastinal/thymic processes are discussed and an approach to tackle the differential diagnosis is provided...
- Ischemia of the lung causes extensive long-term pulmonary injury: an experimental studyNiels P van der Kaaij
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Respir Res 9:28. 2008..Therefore our purpose was to establish a long-term experimental model of LIRI, and to study the impact of LIRI on the development of PAGF, using a broad spectrum of LIRI parameters including leukocyte kinetics...
- Semi-automatic identification of punching areas for tissue microarray building: the tubular breast cancer pilot studyFederica Viti
Institute for Biomedical Technologies of the National Research Council, Segrate, Milan, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 11:566. 2010..A time consuming phase of the methodology is the selection of tissue areas within paraffin blocks: no utilities have been developed for the identification of areas to be punched from the donor block and assembled in the recipient block...
- Improving the specificity of fluorescence bronchoscopy for the analysis of neoplastic lesions of the bronchial tree by combination with optical spectroscopy: preliminary communicationMartin P L Bard
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Erasmus Medical Center, H Ee2253a, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Lung Cancer 47:41-7. 2005..We will show in this preliminary report that the addition of either of these spectroscopic techniques decreases the rate of false positives findings, with the best results obtained when both spectroscopic modalities are combined...
- Gene expression-based classification of non-small cell lung carcinomas and survival predictionJun Hou
Cell Biology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e10312. 2010..This approach poorly predicts clinical outcome for individual patients. Gene expression profiling holds promise to improve clinical stratification, thus paving the way for individualized therapy...
- A metastasis of an adenocarcinoma in a BRCA1 mutation carrier, a diagnostic problem not solved by morphology aloneVibeke Kuenen-Boumeester
Department of Pathology, Erasmus Medical Center, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Pathol 35:629-32. 2004..Surprisingly, at that time an occult breast carcinoma was identified to be the origin of the 2 metastatic locations as confirmed by molecular analysis. Eventually the patient could be treated accordingly...