P J D Delhanty
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Functional characterization of a new human melanocortin-4 receptor homozygous mutation (N72K) that is associated with early-onset obesityPatric J D Delhanty
Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatric Endocrinology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Rep 41:7967-72. 2014..Our data describe a rare homozygous inactivating mutation in the first intra-cellular loop of MC4R that markedly impairs its function and is associated with early-onset obesity and hyperphagia...
- Des-acyl ghrelin analogs prevent high-fat-diet-induced dysregulation of glucose homeostasisPatric J D Delhanty
Dept of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FASEB J 27:1690-700. 2013..AZP531 also prevented a HFD-induced increase in acyl ghrelin levels. Our data indicate DAG analogs as potential treatment for the prevention of metabolic syndrome...
- Ghrelin and glucose homeostasisP J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Peptides 32:2309-18. 2011..A promising recently developed approach appears to be through the blockade of GOAT activity, although the longer term effects of this treatment remain to be investigated...
- Ghrelin and its unacylated isoform stimulate the growth of adrenocortical tumor cells via an anti-apoptotic pathwayP J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Rm Ee542, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E302-9. 2007....
- Unsaturated fatty acids prevent desensitization of the human growth hormone secretagogue receptor by blocking its internalizationPatric J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E497-505. 2010....
- Unacylated ghrelin rapidly modulates lipogenic and insulin signaling pathway gene expression in metabolically active tissues of GHSR deleted micePatric J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e11749. 2010..There is increasing evidence that unacylated ghrelin (UAG) improves insulin sensitivity and glucose homeostasis; however, the mechanism for this activity is not fully understood since a UAG receptor has not been discovered...
- Administration of acylated ghrelin reduces insulin sensitivity, whereas the combination of acylated plus unacylated ghrelin strongly improves insulin sensitivityC Gauna
Department of Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5035-42. 2004....
- Ghrelin and unacylated ghrelin stimulate human osteoblast growth via mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)/phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) pathways in the absence of GHS-R1aP J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Endocrinol 188:37-47. 2006..Overall, our data suggest new roles for ghrelin and UAG in modulating human osteoblast proliferation via a novel signal transduction pathway...
- Desacyl ghrelin is influenced by changes in insulin concentration during an insulin tolerance testK Blijdorp
Department of Medicine section Endocrinology, Erasmus University Medical Center, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Growth Horm IGF Res 23:193-5. 2013..We aimed to assess changes in DAG in response to the rapid increase in insulin concentration during an insulin tolerance test (ITT) in normal weight and obese subjects...
- Pegvisomant in combination with long-acting somatostatin analogues in acromegaly: the role of the GH receptor deletion of exon 3S E Franck
Department of Internal MedicineEndocrinology Section, Pituitary Center Rotterdam, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The NetherlandsDepartment of Internal MedicineEndocrinology Section, Medical Research Laboratories, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 173:553-61. 2015..A GHR polymorphism lacking exon 3 (d3-GHR) is frequent in the general population. The influence of d3-GHR on PEGV responsiveness in acromegaly is unclear...
- Elevated ratio of acylated to unacylated ghrelin in children and young adults with Prader-Willi syndromeR J Kuppens
Dutch Growth Research Foundation, Westzeedijk 106, 3016 AH, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrine 50:633-42. 2015..The switch to excessive weight gain in PWS seems to coincide with an increase in the AG/UAG ratio, even prior to the start of hyperphagia. ..