P J D Delhanty
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Des-acyl ghrelin analogs prevent high-fat-diet-induced dysregulation of glucose homeostasisPatric J D Delhanty
Dept of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FASEB J 27:1690-700. 2013..AZP531 also prevented a HFD-induced increase in acyl ghrelin levels. Our data indicate DAG analogs as potential treatment for the prevention of metabolic syndrome...
- Ghrelin and glucose homeostasisP J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Peptides 32:2309-18. 2011..A promising recently developed approach appears to be through the blockade of GOAT activity, although the longer term effects of this treatment remain to be investigated...
- Ghrelin and its unacylated isoform stimulate the growth of adrenocortical tumor cells via an anti-apoptotic pathwayP J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Rm Ee542, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E302-9. 2007....
- Unsaturated fatty acids prevent desensitization of the human growth hormone secretagogue receptor by blocking its internalizationPatric J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E497-505. 2010....
- Unacylated ghrelin rapidly modulates lipogenic and insulin signaling pathway gene expression in metabolically active tissues of GHSR deleted micePatric J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e11749. 2010..There is increasing evidence that unacylated ghrelin (UAG) improves insulin sensitivity and glucose homeostasis; however, the mechanism for this activity is not fully understood since a UAG receptor has not been discovered...
- Administration of acylated ghrelin reduces insulin sensitivity, whereas the combination of acylated plus unacylated ghrelin strongly improves insulin sensitivityC Gauna
Department of Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5035-42. 2004....
- Ghrelin and unacylated ghrelin stimulate human osteoblast growth via mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)/phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) pathways in the absence of GHS-R1aP J D Delhanty
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Endocrinol 188:37-47. 2006..Overall, our data suggest new roles for ghrelin and UAG in modulating human osteoblast proliferation via a novel signal transduction pathway...