Sacha E Bleeker
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Structured data entry for narrative data in a broad specialty: patient history and physical examination in pediatricsSacha E Bleeker
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:29. 2006..e. content independent) SDE application to support the structured documentation of narrative data (called OpenSDE) can be used to model data obtained at history taking and physical examination of a broad specialty...
- Paper versus computer: feasibility of an electronic medical record in general pediatricsJolt Roukema
Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 117:15-21. 2006..A generic SDE application (OpenSDE) to support documentation of patient history and physical examination findings was developed and tailored for the domain of general pediatrics...
- Internal and external validation of predictive models: a simulation study of bias and precision in small samplesEwout W Steyerberg
Center for Clinical Decision Sciences, Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, PO Box 1738 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 56:441-7. 2003..For external validation, substantial sample sizes should be used for sufficient power to detect clinically important changes in performance as compared with the internally validated estimate...
- Diagnostic research on routine care data: prospects and problemsRianne Oostenbrink
Erasmus MC Rotterdam, Sophia Children s Hospital, Outpatient Department of Pediatrics, Dr Molewaterplein 60, Room Sh 2015, Rotterdam 3015 GJ, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 56:501-6. 2003..All this could contribute to more frequent and appropriate use of routine care data in diagnostic research. The discussed methods to overcome the above problems may well be similarly useful to prospective diagnostic studies...
- Polytomous regression did not outperform dichotomous logistic regression in diagnosing serious bacterial infections in febrile childrenJolt Roukema
Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 61:135-41. 2008..To compare polytomous and dichotomous logistic regression analyses in diagnosing serious bacterial infections (SBIs) in children with fever without apparent source (FWS)...
- Socio-demographic and lifestyle determinants of 'Western-like' and 'Health conscious' dietary patterns in toddlersJessica C Kiefte-de Jong
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 109:137-47. 2013..These findings can form a basis for future epidemiological studies regarding dietary patterns and health outcomes in young children...