Affiliation: Erasmus University
Country: The Netherlands
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of cataract surgery: a global and regional analysisRob Baltussen
iMTA Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Bull World Health Organ 82:338-45. 2004..To estimate the population health effects, costs and cost effectiveness of selected cataract surgery interventions in areas of the world with different epidemiological profiles...
- Iron fortification and iron supplementation are cost-effective interventions to reduce iron deficiency in four subregions of the worldRob Baltussen
WHO CHOICE, Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nutr 134:2678-84. 2004..The results should be interpreted with caution, because evidence of intervention effectiveness predominantly relates to small-scale efficacy trials, which may not reflect the actual effect under expected conditions...
- The impact of antiretroviral treatment on the age composition of the HIV epidemic in sub-Saharan AfricaJan A C Hontelez
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS 26:S19-30. 2012..We quantify the change in the age composition of HIV-infected people in all countries in SSA...
- Costs and health effects of breast cancer interventions in epidemiologically different regions of Africa, North America, and AsiaMartijn T Groot
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast J 12:S81-90. 2006..These findings suggest that treating stage I disease and introducing an extensive breast cancer program are the most cost-effective breast cancer interventions...
- The impact of the new WHO antiretroviral treatment guidelines on HIV epidemic dynamics and cost in South AfricaJan A C Hontelez
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e21919. 2011..This finding is robust to alternative assumptions and foreseeable changes in ART prices and effectiveness. Therefore, South Africa should aim at rapidly expanding its healthcare infrastructure to fully embrace the new WHO guidelines...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis for priority setting in health: penny-wise but pound-foolishRob Baltussen
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 21:532-4. 2005..Without redirecting the focus of economic evaluation research, choosing in health care bears the risk to remain penny-wise but pound-foolish...
- Accounting for the cost of scaling-up health interventionsBenjamin Johns
Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy GPE EQC, World Health Organization, CH 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Health Econ 13:1117-24. 2004..Results show changing marginal costs as predicted by economic theory...
- Cost effectiveness analysis of strategies for tuberculosis control in developing countriesRob Baltussen
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment iMTA, Erasmus Medical Centre, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 331:1364. 2005..To assess the costs and health effects of tuberculosis control interventions in Africa and South East Asia in the context of the millennium development goals...
- Cost effectiveness analysis of strategies to combat HIV/AIDS in developing countriesDaniel R Hogan
Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, Harvard School of Public Health, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
BMJ 331:1431-7. 2005..Antiretroviral therapy is at least as cost effective in improving population health as some of these interventions...
- Costs of patient management of visceral leishmaniasis in Muzaffarpur, Bihar, IndiaFilip Meheus
Institute of Development Policy and Management, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Trop Med Int Health 11:1715-24. 2006..To identify and quantify the direct and indirect economic cost of treatment for visceral leishmaniasis (VL) with conventional Amphotericin B deoxycholate, currently the first-line treatment in Muzaffarpur...
- Costs, health effects and cost-effectiveness of alcohol and tobacco control strategies in EstoniaTaavi Lai
Department of Public Health, University of Tartu, Estonia
Health Policy 84:75-88. 2007..To assess the population-level costs, effects and cost-effectiveness of different alcohol and tobacco control strategies in Estonia...
- Barriers to access to antiretroviral treatment in developing countries: a reviewMariana Posse
Faculty of Economics and Management, Catholic University of Mozambique, Beira, Mozambique
Trop Med Int Health 13:904-13. 2008..To present a review of barriers impeding people living with HIV/AIDS in developing countries from accessing treatment, and to make recommendations for further studies...