Willem F M Arts
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Course and prognosis of childhood epilepsy: 5-year follow-up of the Dutch study of epilepsy in childhoodWillem F M Arts
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, P O Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Brain 127:1774-84. 2004..After failure of the first AED, treatment can still be successful. Models predicting the outcome have fewer misclassifications when predicting a long terminal remission than when predicting continuing seizures...
- When to start drug treatment for childhood epilepsy: the clinical-epidemiological evidenceWillem F M Arts
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Erasmus Medical Center, Sophia Children s Hospital, P O Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 13:93-101. 2009..These data may serve to guide treatment decisions and help to design controlled trials investigating treatment strategies in childhood epilepsy...
- Landau-Kleffner syndrome and CSWS syndrome: treatment with intravenous immunoglobulinsWillem F M Arts
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Epilepsia 50:55-8. 2009..It might also reflect the natural course of the disease. Although the temporal relation between IVIg treatment and clinical improvement cannot be denied in individual patients, its real value remains to be determined...
- Validation of two prognostic models predicting outcome at two years after diagnosis in a new cohort of children with epilepsy: the Dutch Study of Epilepsy in ChildhoodAda T Geerts
Department of Neurology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, and Department of Neurology, UMC, Groningen, The Netherlands
Epilepsia 47:960-5. 2006..To validate two prognostic models for childhood-onset epilepsy designed to predict a terminal remission of <6 months at 2 years after diagnosis in children referred to the hospital...
- Paroxysmal disorders in infancy and their risk factors in a population-based cohort: the Generation R StudyAnnemarie M Visser
The Generation R Study Group, Department of Biostatistics and Institute of Psychology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Dev Med Child Neurol 52:1014-20. 2010..To examine the incidence of paroxysmal epileptic and non-epileptic disorders and the associated prenatal and perinatal factors that might predict them in the first year of life in a population-based cohort...
- Status epilepticus: clinical analysis of a treatment protocol based on midazolam and phenytoinJudith C D Brevoord
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Child Neurol 20:476-81. 2005..With the use of the proposed protocol, combining midazolam and phenytoin, 89% of the cases of generalized convulsive status epilepticus could be successfully managed...