Country: The Netherlands
- Morbidity control of schistosomiasis in ChinaJiang Qing-Wu
School of Public Health, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Lu, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Acta Trop 82:115-25. 2002..Therefore, the strategies in different (high, medium, and low) transmission areas during the maintenance stage were put forward in consideration of challenges in national control program in the future...
- Determination of ED50 values for praziquantel in praziquantel-resistant and -susceptible Schistosoma mansoni isolatesDonato Cioli
Institute of Cell Biology, 32 Via Ramarini, 00016 Monterotondo, Rome, Italy
Int J Parasitol 34:979-87. 2004....
- Quantification of clinical morbidity associated with schistosome infection in sub-Saharan AfricaMarieke J van der Werf
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Trop 86:125-39. 2003..mansoni) at 150000 and 130000 per year. Given the overall high number of cases with schistosomiasis-related disease and associated death, we conclude that schistosomiasis remains an important public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Associating community prevalence of Schistosoma mansoni infection with prevalence of signs and symptomsMarieke J van der Werf
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Rotterdam, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Trop 82:127-37. 2002..An influence on hepatosplenic morbidity is already present at low community prevalence of infection. For the aspecific symptom abdominal pain we did not find an association...
- Hyperendemic fascioliasis associated with schistosomiasis in villages in the Nile Delta of EgyptJose Guillermo Esteban
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Am J Trop Med Hyg 69:429-37. 2003..Interestingly, the relationships of schistosomiasis prevalences and intensities with sex and age follow patterns similar to those found in fascioliasis...
- Soil-transmitted helminth infections: updating the global pictureNilanthi R de Silva
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, PO Box 6, Ragama, Sri Lanka
Trends Parasitol 19:547-51. 2003
- Efficacy of mirazid in comparison with praziquantel in Egyptian Schistosoma mansoni-infected school children and householdsSanaa Botros
Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Warrak el Hadar, Giza, Egypt
Am J Trop Med Hyg 72:119-23. 2005..5% and 79.7%, respectively, in those treated with praziquantel. Therefore, we do not recommend mirazid as an agent to control schistosomiasis...