Melissa S Y Thong
Affiliation: Eindhoven Cancer Registry
Country: The Netherlands
- The impact of disease progression on perceived health status and quality of life of long-term cancer survivorsMelissa S Y Thong
Comprehensive Cancer Center South CCCS, Eindhoven Cancer Registry, P O Box 231, 5600 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Cancer Surviv 3:164-73. 2009..We aimed therefore to compare the health status (HS) and HRQL of DP and disease-free (DF) survivors up to 15 years after initial diagnosis...
- Prostate cancer survivors who would be eligible for active surveillance but were either treated with radiotherapy or managed expectantly: comparisons on long-term quality of life and symptom burdenMelissa S Y Thong
Comprehensive Cancer Centre South, Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
BJU Int 105:652-8. 2010....
- Long-term prostate cancer survivors with low socioeconomic status reported worse mental health-related quality of life in a population-based studyMieke J Aarts
Comprehensive Cancer Center South, Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Urology 76:1224-30. 2010..To explore whether socioeconomic status (SES) was associated with health-related quality of life (HRQL) and health care use among long-term prostate cancer survivors...
- Multiple primary cancer survivors have poorer health status and well-being than single primary cancer survivors: a study from the population-based PROFILES registryMelissa S Y Thong
Comprehensive Cancer Center South CCCS, Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Psychooncology 22:1834-42. 2013..The health status and psychosocial well-being of multiple primary cancer (MPC) survivors are under-researched...
- Quantifying fatigue in (long-term) colorectal cancer survivors: a study from the population-based patient reported outcomes following initial treatment and long term evaluation of survivorship registryMelissa S Y Thong
CoRPS, Dept of Medical and Clinical Psychology, Tilburg University, The Netherlands Comprehensive Cancer Centre South CCCS, Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 49:1957-66. 2013..Few studies specifically focus on fatigue of (long-term) colorectal cancer (CRC) survivors or compare fatigue levels with a normative population. Association between surviving multiple primary cancers and fatigue is also explored...
- Illness perceptions in cancer survivors: what is the role of information provision?Olga Husson
Center of Research on Psychology in Somatic Diseases, Department of Medical Psychology and Neuropsychology, Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Psychooncology 22:490-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to provide insight into the relationship between information provision and illness perceptions among cancer survivors...
- Socio-economic implications of cancer survivorship: results from the PROFILES registryFloortje Mols
CoRPS Center of Research on Psychology in Somatic diseases, Department of Medical Psychology and Neuropsychology, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 48:2037-42. 2012..The goal of this large population-based study was to examine the socio-economic implications of cancer survivorship...
- Type D (distressed) personality is associated with poor quality of life and mental health among 3080 cancer survivorsFloortje Mols
CoRPS Center of Research on Psychology in Somatic diseases, Department of Medical Psychology, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 136:26-34. 2012..This study assessed the association between Type D personality (the conjoint effect of negative affectivity and social inhibition) and quality of life (QoL) and mental health of cancer survivors up to 10 years post-diagnosis...