Country: The Netherlands
- Positive illusions about one's partner's physical attractivenessPieternel Barelds-Dijkstra
Heymans Institute, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Body Image 5:99-108. 2008..Results support the theory that individuals hold positive illusions about their partner's physical attractiveness. Implications of these results in terms of relationship-enhancing biases are discussed...
- Women's well-being: the role of individual differencesPieternel Dijkstra
Department of Psychology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Scand J Psychol 50:309-15. 2009..Second, a clear positive relationship emerged between work participation and both types of well-being. Results are discussed in terms of the vulnerability stress model...
- An inventory and update of jealousy-evoking partner behaviours in modern societyPieternel Dijkstra
University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Psychol Psychother 17:329-45. 2010..In general, older individuals responded with less jealousy in response to a partner's unfaithful and suspicious behaviours. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Examining a model of dispositional mindfulness, body comparison, and body satisfactionPieternel Dijkstra
University of Groningen, Department of Psychology, Groningen, The Netherlands
Body Image 8:419-22. 2011..However, a stronger indirect effect was noted in the alternative model, where mindfulness partially mediated the link between body comparison and body satisfaction...
- Women's meta-perceptions of attractiveness and their relations to body imagePieternel Dijkstra
Department of Psychology, University of Groningen, Grote Kruisstraat 2 1, Groningen, The Netherlands
Body Image 8:74-7. 2011..Self-ratings of attractiveness appeared to be lower than all meta-perceptions of attractiveness, suggesting that women are aware of their own negative self-bias and/or other people's positive bias...
- Narcissistic Personality Inventory: structure of the adapted Dutch versionDick P H Barelds
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Scand J Psychol 51:132-8. 2010..The validity of the NPI was supported by its relations with sex, age, personality, self-esteem, shame, guilt and social desirability...
- Reactive, anxious and possessive forms of jealousy and their relation to relationship quality among heterosexuals and homosexualsDick P H Barelds
Department of Psychology, University of Groningen, Grote Kruisstraat 2 1, Groningen, 9712 TS, The Netherlands
J Homosex 51:183-98. 2006..The present study shows that distinguishing between different types of jealousy is necessary to entangle the diverse effects of jealousy on the quality of homosexual and heterosexual relationships...
- Social comparisons in the classroom: an investigation of the better than average effect among secondary school childrenHans Kuyper
Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Sch Psychol 49:25-53. 2011..Theoretical and practical implications of these findings are discussed...