C A P Wauters
Affiliation: Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Contribution of CSF cytology in the diagnostic work-up of breast cancer patients with neurological symptoms: a retrospective analysis over two decadesC A P Wauters
Department of Pathology, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Weg door Jonkerbos 100, 6532 SZ, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Neurooncol 107:581-9. 2012..Our study underscores the value of CSF cytology as a tool for the unequivocal diagnosis of metastatic spread of breast cancer to the CNS, and confirms that CSF(+) is a strong predictor of poor survival...
- Modified core wash cytology (CWC), an asset in the diagnostic work-up of breast lesionsC A P Wauters
Department of Pathology, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Weg door Jonkerbos 100, 6532 SZ Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:957-62. 2010..In a preclinical study we developed an alternative method of core wash cytology (CWC). This study is an evaluation of this new CWC method introduced into the clinical setting...
- Modified core wash cytology procedure for the immediate diagnosis of core needle biopsies of breast lesionsC A P Wauters
Department of Pathology, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Cancer 117:333-7. 2009..Contradictory results of both techniques in the literature led to this preclinical study investigating an alternative method of touch imprint and core wash cytology...
- The role of laboratory processing in determining diagnostic conclusiveness of breast fine needle aspirations: conventional smearing versus a monolayer preparationC A P Wauters
Department of Pathology, Canisius Wilhelmina Ziekenhuis, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 62:931-4. 2009..To compare breast fine needle aspiration (FNA) specimens prepared by conventional smearing (CS) versus monolayer preparation (MP), with respect to the conclusiveness of the cytopathological diagnosis...
- Is cytology useful in the diagnostic workup of male breast lesions? A retrospective study over a 16-year period and review of the recent literatureCarla A P Wauters
Department of Pathology, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Acta Cytol 54:259-64. 2010..To determine the value of cytology in the workup of male breast lesions, important for the management in a same-day breast clinic...
- Is the sentinel lymph node pathology protocol in breast cancer patients associated with the risk of regional recurrence?M J Bolster
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 39:437-41. 2013..Previously, we reported that ultra-staging led to more axillary lymph node dissections (ALND). The question was, whether ultra-staging is effective in reducing the risk of regional relapse...
- Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of suspicious nodes in breast cancer patients; selecting patients with extensive nodal involvementB J van Wely
Department of Surgery, C22, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Weg door Jonkerbos 100, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 140:113-8. 2013..Patients with US-guided FNA-diagnosed axillary metastases have significantly more involved nodes compared to SLNB positive patients. ..
- "Axillary recurrences after sentinel lymph node biopsy: a multicentre analysis and follow-up of sentinel lymph node negative breast cancer patients"B J van Wely
Dep of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 38:925-31. 2012....
- False-negative sentinel lymph node biopsyB J van Wely
Department of Surgery, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 95:1352-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the axillary recurrence rate and false-negative rate, to identify prognostic factors and to monitor survival...
- Intraoperative scrape cytology of the sentinel lymph node in patients with breast cancerM L Smidt
Department of General Surgery, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Postbus 9015, 6500 GS Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 89:1290-3. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of scrape cytology of the SLN in patients with early breast cancer...