Affiliation: Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- A multi-center blinded study on the efficiency of phenotypic screening methods to detect glycopeptide intermediately susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (GISA) and heterogeneous GISA (h-GISA)Andreas Voss
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen University Centre of Infectious Diseases, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 6:9. 2007..To determine the true incidence of hGISA/GISA and its consequent clinical impact, methods must be defined that will reliably and reproducibly discriminate these resistant phenotypes from vancomycin susceptible S. aureus (VSSA)...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in pig farmingAndreas Voss
Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1965-6. 2005..While spa-type t108 is apparently a more widespread clone among pig farmers and their environment, we did find other spa-types...
- Ventilator associated pneumonia and infection controlEmine Alp
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen University Centre for Infections, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:7. 2006..VAP causes extra length of stay in hospital and intensive care units and increases hospital cost. Consequently, infection control policies are more rational and will save money...
- The role and utilisation of public health evaluations in Europe: a case study of national hand hygiene campaignsJonathan R Latham
Office of the Chief Scientist, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Tomtebodavägen 11A, SE 171 83 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 14:131. 2014..The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control sought to determine the frequency of evaluations amongst European national public health programmes by using national hand hygiene campaigns as an example of intervention...
- Community-acquired MRSA and pig-farmingXander W Huijsdens
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Diagnostic Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Perinatal Screening, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:26. 2006..Sporadic cases of CA-MRSA in persons without risk-factors for MRSA carriage are increasing...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in veterinary doctors and students, the NetherlandsMireille Wulf
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1939-41. 2006..To preserve the low prevalence of MRSA in the Netherlands, persons involved in the care of livestock should be isolated and screened on admission to the hospital...
- Presence of a novel DNA methylation enzyme in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates associated with pig farming leads to uninterpretable results in standard pulsed-field gel electrophoresis analysisCorina C P M Bens
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Regional Public Health Laboratory, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 44:1875-6. 2006..This is the result of a yet unknown restriction/methylation system in the genus Staphylococcus with the recognition sequence CCNGG...
- Concurrent incidence of adverse events in hospitals and nursing homesBetsie G I van Gaal
Senior Researcher, Scientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nurs Scholarsh 46:187-98. 2014..Additionally, the correlation between the occurrence of these adverse events and preventive care was explored...
- Emergence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus of animal origin in humansInge van Loo
Elisabeth Hospital, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1834-9. 2007..This study shows that MRSA from an animal reservoir has recently entered the human population and is now responsible for >20% of all MRSA in the Netherlands...
- Mupirocin prophylaxis against nosocomial Staphylococcus aureus infections in nonsurgical patients: a randomized studyHeiman F L Wertheim
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 140:419-25. 2004..aureus infection. Studies show that intranasal mupirocin can prevent nosocomial surgical site infections. No data are available on the efficacy of mupirocin in nonsurgical patients...
- Associations between Staphylococcus aureus Genotype, Infection, and In-Hospital Mortality: A Nested Case-Control StudyHeiman F L Wertheim
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus Medical Center, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 192:1196-200. 2005..Those infected with S. aureus strains belonging to a CC had higher mortality than those infected with strains not belonging to a CC (P<.05), which indicates the coevolution of S. aureus virulence and spread in humans...
- Preventing the spread of MRSAAndreas Voss
BMJ 329:521. 2004
- Risk and outcome of nosocomial Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia in nasal carriers versus non-carriersHeiman F L Wertheim
Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 364:703-5. 2004..006). S aureus nasal carriers and non-carriers differ significantly in risk and outcome of nosocomial S aureus bacteraemia. Genotyping revealed that 80% of strains causing bacteraemia in carriers were endogenous...
- Compression entropy contributes to risk stratification in patients with cardiomyopathySandra Truebner
Department of Medical Engineering, University of Applied Sciences Jena, Jena, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 51:77-82. 2006..02). In conclusion, the implementation of non-linear compression entropy analysis in multivariate analysis seems to be useful for enhanced risk stratification of cardiac death, especially SCD, in ischaemic cardiomyopathy patients...
- Duration of antibiotic treatment: are even numbers odd?Emine Alp
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:441-2. 2005
- Genotypic analysis of Acinetobacter bloodstream infection isolates in a Turkish university hospitalEmine Alp
Department of Infectious Diseases, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 38:335-40. 2006..Essential components of an infection control programme to prevent nosocomial transmission of A. baumannii are early detection of colonized patients, followed by strict attention to standard precautions and contact isolation...