H J Bouwmeester
Country: The Netherlands
- Spider mite-induced (3S)-(E)-nerolidol synthase activity in cucumber and lima bean. The first dedicated step in acyclic C11-homoterpene biosynthesisH J Bouwmeester
Research Institute for Agrobiology and Soil Fertility, P O Box 14, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 121:173-80. 1999..Thus, (3S)-(E)-nerolidol synthase is a good candidate for a regulatory role in the release of the important signaling molecule 4,8-dimethyl-1,3(E),7-nonatriene...
- Amorpha-4,11-diene synthase catalyses the first probable step in artemisinin biosynthesisH J Bouwmeester
Research Institute for Agrobiology and Soil Fertility AB DLO, Wageningen, Netherlands
Phytochemistry 52:843-54. 1999..annua and the high activity of amorpha-4,11-diene synthase all support that amorpha-4,11-diene is the likely olefinic sesquiterpene intermediate in the biosynthesis of artemisinin...
- Biosynthesis of germacrene A carboxylic acid in chicory roots. Demonstration of a cytochrome P450 (+)-germacrene a hydroxylase and NADP+-dependent sesquiterpenoid dehydrogenase(s) involved in sesquiterpene lactone biosynthesisJ W de Kraker
Plant Research International, P.O. Box 16, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 125:1930-40. 2001..e. costol, were also observed. The (+)-germacrene A hydroxylase is inhibited by carbon monoxide (blue-light reversible), has an optimum pH at 8.0, and hydroxylates beta-elemene with a modest degree of enantioselectivity...
- Trichome dynamics and artemisinin accumulation during development and senescence of Artemisia annua leavesW J M Lommen
Crop and Weed Ecology Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Planta Med 72:336-45. 2006..Later formed leaves achieved higher concentrations of artemisinin than earlier formed leaves, because of a higher trichome density and a higher capacity per trichome...
- Identification of intermediates and enzymes involved in the early steps of artemisinin biosynthesis in Artemisia annuaC M Bertea
Plant Research International, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Planta Med 71:40-7. 2005....
- Germacrenes from fresh costus rootsJ W de Kraker
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 8, 6703 HB, The, Wageningen, Netherlands
Phytochemistry 58:481-7. 2001..Acid induced cyclisation of the germacrenes yields selinene, costol, costal, and costic acid respectively. It is highly probable that the elemenes reported in literature for costus root oil are artefacts...
- Identification of the SAAT gene involved in strawberry flavor biogenesis by use of DNA microarraysA Aharoni
Business Unit Cell Cybernetics, Plant Research International, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Cell 12:647-62. 2000....
- Expression of Clarkia S-linalool synthase in transgenic petunia plants results in the accumulation of S-linalyl-beta-D-glucopyranosideJ Lucker
Business Unit Cell Cybernetics, Plant Research International, PO Box 16, 6700 AA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant J 27:315-24. 2001..The results presented demonstrate that monoterpene production can be altered by genetic modification, and that the compounds produced can be converted by endogenous enzymatic activity...