Bert A 't Hart
Affiliation: Biomedical Primate Research Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- t Hart B, Hintzen R, Laman J. Preclinical assessment of therapeutic antibodies against human CD40 and human interleukin-12/23p40 in a nonhuman primate model of multiple sclerosis. Neurodegener Dis. 2008;5:38-52 pubmed..The promising effects during ongoing disease in a relevant preclinical IMID model illustrate the potential of these two antibodies as treatment of IMID, in particular for multiple sclerosis on which disease EAE has been modeled. ..
- t Hart B, Massacesi L. Clinical, pathological, and immunologic aspects of the multiple sclerosis model in common marmosets (Callithrix jacchus). J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:341-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this model provides new insights into possible pathogenetic mechanisms in MS. ..
- Van Roy M, Ververken C, Beirnaert E, Hoefman S, Kolkman J, Vierboom M, et al. The preclinical pharmacology of the high affinity anti-IL-6R NanobodyÂ® ALX-0061 supports its clinical development in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:135 pubmed publisher..Presented results on preclinical pharmacological properties of ALX-0061 are supportive of clinical development in RA. ..
- Verheul M, Vierboom M, t Hart B, Toes R, Trouw L. Anti-carbamylated protein antibodies precede disease onset in monkeys with collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:246 pubmed publisher..Rhesus monkeys develop anti-CarP antibodies upon induction of collagen-induced arthritis, while we were unable to detect RF or ACPA. Also, the development of anti-CarP antibodies could be inhibited by preventive abatacept treatment. ..
- Woo J, Vierboom M, Kwon H, Chao D, Ye S, Li J, et al. PDL241, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody, reveals CD319 as a therapeutic target for rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R207 pubmed..The activity of PDL241 in both in vitro and in vivo models highlights the potential of CD319 as a therapeutic target in RA. ..
- Vierboom M, Breedveld E, Kondova I, t Hart B. Collagen-induced arthritis in common marmosets: a new nonhuman primate model for chronic arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R200 pubmed publisher..In response to this requirement we set out to develop a model of collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) in a small-sized nonhuman primate species (300 to 400 g at adult age); that is, the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus)...
- t Hart B, Abbott D, Nakamura K, Fuchs E. The marmoset monkey: a multi-purpose preclinical and translational model of human biology and disease. Drug Discov Today. 2012;17:1160-5 pubmed publisher..In this Feature article we will highlight the common marmoset, a small-bodied nonhuman primate (NHP), as a useful model in biomedical and preclinical translational research. ..