Affiliation: Behavioural Science Institute
Country: The Netherlands
- School-based promotion of cessation support: reach of proactive mailings and acceptability of treatment in smoking parents recruited into cessation support through primary schoolsKathrin Schuck
Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Montessorilaan 3, P, O, Box 9104, 6500, HE Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 13:381. 2013..Proactive outreach to target audiences may increase use of cessation support...
- Bidirectional influences between parents and children in smoking behavior: a longitudinal full-family modelKathrin Schuck
Department of Developmental Psychopathology, Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nicotine Tob Res 15:44-51. 2013..Family systems provide a powerful social context in which modeling and imitation take place. In current literature, however, bidirectional associations between parents and children in smoking behavior are seldom considered...
- Implicit processes in pathological skin picking: responses to skin irregularities predict symptom severity and treatment susceptibilityKathrin Schuck
Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Montessorilaan 3, P O Box 9104, 6500 HE Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 43:685-91. 2012..Implicit cognitive processes are relevant in understanding the development and maintenance of psychopathology and dysfunctional behaviours. The present study investigated the role of implicit processes in pathological skin picking (PSP)...
- The role of environmental smoking in smoking-related cognitions and susceptibility to smoking in never-smoking 9-12 year-old childrenKathrin Schuck
Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Montessorilaan 3, 6525 HR Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Addict Behav 37:1400-5. 2012....
- The effects of brief cognitive-behaviour therapy for pathological skin picking: A randomized comparison to wait-list controlKathrin Schuck
Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Behav Res Ther 49:11-7. 2011..90 to 1.89. Treatment effects were maintained at follow-up. In conclusion, cognitive-behavioural therapy, even in brief form, constitutes an adequate treatment option for pathological skin-picking behaviour...
- The relative role of nicotine dependence and smoking-related cognitions in adolescents' process of smoking cessationKathrin Schuck
Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Psychol Health 26:1310-26. 2011..Implications encompass enhanced attention to the multidimensional nature of nicotine dependence and the value of comparing different behavioural outcomes in a comprehensive understanding of cessation-related factors...
- Effectiveness of proactive telephone counselling for smoking cessation in parents: study protocol of a randomized controlled trialKathrin Schuck
Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Montessorilaan 3, PO Box 9104, 6500 HE Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:732. 2011..A total of 27.7% of the population over age 15 years smokes. In addition to the direct advantages of smoking cessation for the smoker, parents who quit smoking may also decrease their children's risk of smoking initiation...