R A Waalewijn
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Survival models for out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation from the perspectives of the bystander, the first responder, and the paramedicR A Waalewijn
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, F4 143, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Resuscitation 51:113-22. 2001..Early defibrillation can restore circulation without the need for advanced CPR. When advanced CPR is needed, its delay leads to a markedly reduced survival...
- Bystander initiated actions in out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation: results from the Amsterdam Resuscitation Study (ARRESUST)R A Waalewijn
Department of Cardiology F4 143, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Resuscitation 50:273-9. 2001..Policy makers for basic CPR training should focus on partners of the patients, who are most likely witness of an arrest...
- Prevention of deterioration of ventricular fibrillation by basic life support during out-of-hospital cardiac arrestReinier A Waalewijn
Academic Medical Center, Department of Cardiology, University of Amsterdam, F4 143, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Resuscitation 54:31-6. 2002..The decrease of VF amplitude and increase in prevalence of asystole is slowed significantly by BLS. Predicting survival from VF amplitude and baseline crossings alone is limited...
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in Amsterdam and its surrounding areas: results from the Amsterdam resuscitation study (ARREST) in 'Utstein' styleR A Waalewijn
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands R A
Resuscitation 38:157-67. 1998..All links in the chain of survival must be strengthened, but equipping the police with semi-automatic defibrillators may be the most useful intervention to improve survival...
- Assessment of quality of life and cognitive function after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with successful resuscitationAnouk P van Alem
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 93:131-5. 2004..1 to 0.9). Female gender and older age were associated with impaired physical functioning. Trends were found for better outcomes after early access, immediate resuscitation, early defibrillation, and early advanced care...