Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Baseline differences in clinical symptomatology between ultra high risk subjects with and without a transition to psychosisEva Velthorst
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 109:60-5. 2009..Sharpening UHR inclusion criteria may aid in improving prediction of transition to psychosis...
- Quantitative and qualitative symptomatic differences in individuals at Ultra-High Risk for psychosis and healthy controlsEva Velthorst
Academic Medical Center, Department of Early Psychosis, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:432-7. 2013..The results of our study suggest a 'quasi'-continuous extended psychosis phenotype, a finding that merits replication in other samples. ..
- History of trauma and the association with baseline symptoms in an Ultra-High Risk for psychosis cohortEva Velthorst
Department of Early Psychosis, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:75-81. 2013..The prevalence of previous trauma in people at UHR of developing psychosis is high. Our findings tentatively suggest that different types of trauma may impact differently on initial presentation to UHR services. ..
- Transition to first episode psychosis in ultra high risk populations: does baseline functioning hold the key?Eva Velthorst
Academic Medical Center, Department of Early Psychosis, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 143:132-7. 2013..We investigated whether there were different patterns of functioning over time and whether particular temporal patterns were related to baseline characteristics and psychosis outcome...
- Social disability at admission for a first psychosis does not predict clinical outcome at 5-year follow-upEva Velthorst
From the Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 5, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:510-2. 2011..Following Di Michele and Bolino (Psychopathology 37:98-104, 2004), we hypothesize that, to reliably predict the course of schizophrenia, it may be necessary to assess social functioning during clinical stabilization...
- Three-year course of clinical symptomatology in young people at ultra high risk for transition to psychosisE Velthorst
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Psychiatr Scand 123:36-42. 2011..The investigation into the course of ultra high risk (UHR) symptomatology of those patients who eventually do not meet the psychosis-threshold criteria within the 3-year timeframe of the study...
- Disability in people clinically at high risk of psychosisEva Velthorst
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 197:278-84. 2010..Decline in social functioning occurs in individuals who later develop psychosis...
- [Prevention of psychotic disorders; is the time ripe for intervention?]Lieuwe De Haan
AMC, afd Psychiatrie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5641. 2013..The third case, an 18-year-old male, illustrates that specialized investigation into high-risk symptoms of psychosis are sometimes needed to reveal frank psychotic symptoms...
- To cut a short test even shorter: reliability and validity of a brief assessment of intellectual ability in schizophrenia--a control-case family studyEva Velthorst
a Department of Early Psychosis, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 18:574-93. 2013..We examined the reliability and validity of a brief, 15-minute, version of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-III (WAIS-III)...
- The association between social anhedonia, withdrawal and psychotic experiences in general and high-risk populationsEva Velthorst
Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Department of Psychiatry, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 138:290-4. 2012....
- Cannabis use in patients at clinical high risk of psychosis: impact on prodromal symptoms and transition to psychosisFloor J van der Meer
Academic Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Pharm Des 18:5036-44. 2012..However, the actual impact of cannabis use in subjects at high clinical risk for psychosis (CHR) is still unclear...