Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Baseline differences in clinical symptomatology between ultra high risk subjects with and without a transition to psychosisEva Velthorst
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 109:60-5. 2009..Sharpening UHR inclusion criteria may aid in improving prediction of transition to psychosis...
- Transition to first episode psychosis in ultra high risk populations: does baseline functioning hold the key?Eva Velthorst
Academic Medical Center, Department of Early Psychosis, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 143:132-7. 2013..We investigated whether there were different patterns of functioning over time and whether particular temporal patterns were related to baseline characteristics and psychosis outcome...
- Three-year course of clinical symptomatology in young people at ultra high risk for transition to psychosisE Velthorst
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Psychiatr Scand 123:36-42. 2011..The investigation into the course of ultra high risk (UHR) symptomatology of those patients who eventually do not meet the psychosis-threshold criteria within the 3-year timeframe of the study...
- Social disability at admission for a first psychosis does not predict clinical outcome at 5-year follow-upEva Velthorst
From the Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 5, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:510-2. 2011..Following Di Michele and Bolino (Psychopathology 37:98-104, 2004), we hypothesize that, to reliably predict the course of schizophrenia, it may be necessary to assess social functioning during clinical stabilization...
- Disability in people clinically at high risk of psychosisEva Velthorst
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 197:278-84. 2010..Decline in social functioning occurs in individuals who later develop psychosis...
- The association between social anhedonia, withdrawal and psychotic experiences in general and high-risk populationsEva Velthorst
Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Department of Psychiatry, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 138:290-4. 2012....
- [Prevention of psychotic disorders; is the time ripe for intervention?]Lieuwe De Haan
AMC, afd Psychiatrie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5641. 2013..The third case, an 18-year-old male, illustrates that specialized investigation into high-risk symptoms of psychosis are sometimes needed to reveal frank psychotic symptoms...
- Cannabis use in patients at clinical high risk of psychosis: impact on prodromal symptoms and transition to psychosisFloor J van der Meer
Academic Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Pharm Des 18:5036-44. 2012..However, the actual impact of cannabis use in subjects at high clinical risk for psychosis (CHR) is still unclear...