Harry B van Wezel
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Differential effects of a perioperative hyperinsulinemic normoglycemic clamp on the neurohumoral stress response during coronary artery surgeryH B van Wezel
Department of Anesthesia, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4144-53. 2006..The present study was designed to quantify the effects of a perioperative hyperinsulinemic normoglycemic clamp on the neurohumoral stress response during CABG...
- Background and treatment of metabolic syndrome: a therapeutic challengePieter A van Zwieten
Departments of Pharmacotherapy, Cardiology, and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 10:206-14. 2006..Complex patterns of drug treatment are required. This review provides an extensive and critical review of the drug treatment of this complex pathologic entity...
- Glucose-insulin-potassium techniques in cardiac surgery: historical overview and future perspectivesHarry B van Wezel
Department of Anesthesiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 10:224-7. 2006....
- Anesthesia's effects on plasma glucose and insulin and cardiac hexokinase at similar hemodynamics and without major surgical stress in fed ratsCoert J Zuurbier
Department of Anaesthesiology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 106:135-42, table of contents. 2008..In the present study, we examined how different anesthetics per se affect these variables of glucose metabolism, i.e., under similar hemodynamic conditions and in the absence of major surgical stress...
- Pathophysiology of verapamil overdose: new insights in the role of insulinLisette B Verbrugge
Department of Anesthesiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:406-9. 2007
- Calcium channel blockade with felodipine does not affect metabolic coronary vasodilation in patients with coronary artery diseaseJasper E Kal
Department of Anesthesiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 39:225-33. 2002....
- Overestimation of plasma nonesterified fatty acid concentrations in heparinized bloodLiesbeth Visser
Circulation 110:e328; author reply e328. 2004