Pieter J Tanis
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Laparoscopy for colorectal cancerP J Tanis
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 28:29-39. 2014..The additive value of new techniques such as robotic surgery has to be proven in randomized studies including a cost-effectiveness assessment...
- Intentionally curative treatment of locally recurrent rectal cancer: a systematic reviewPieter J Tanis
The Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Can J Surg 56:135-44. 2013..We sought to determine patient selection, therapeutic modalities and outcomes of locally recurrent rectal cancer treated with curative intent...
- Sexual and urinary functioning after rectal surgery: a prospective comparative study with a median follow-up of 8.5 yearsAnnemiek Doeksen
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre at the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:1549-57. 2011..The purpose of this study was to prospectively compare rectal resection (RR) with colonic resection on sexual, urinary and bowel function and quality of life in both short-term and long-term...
- Less adhesiolysis and hernia repair during completion proctocolectomy after laparoscopic emergency colectomy for ulcerative colitisSanne A L Bartels
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, PO Box 22660, 1100, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 26:368-73. 2012....
- Single-port versus multiport laparoscopic ileocecal resection for Crohn's diseaseTjibbe J Gardenbroek
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
J Crohns Colitis 7:e443-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare short term surgical outcome parameters between single-port and multiport laparoscopic ileocecal resections for Crohn's disease...
- Previous infliximab therapy and postoperative complications after proctocolectomy with ileum pouch anal anastomosisEmma J Eshuis
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Crohns Colitis 7:142-9. 2013..Aim was to compare complication rates after pouch surgery in refractory ulcerative colitis patients with versus without previous infliximab therapy...
- The CARTS study: Chemoradiation therapy for rectal cancer in the distal rectum followed by organ-sparing transanal endoscopic microsurgeryGuus M J Bökkerink
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Surg 11:34. 2011..The CARTS study is a multicenter feasibility study, investigating the role of rectum saving surgery for distal rectal cancer...
- Systematic review of sentinel lymph node mapping procedure in colorectal cancerEdwin S van der Zaag
Department of Surgery, Gelre Ziekenhuizen, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 19:3449-59. 2012..The aim of our study was to determine the accuracy of this procedure from published data and to identify factors that contribute to the conflicting reports...
- The potential benefits and disadvantages of laparoscopic surgery for ulcerative colitis: A review of current evidenceChristianne J Buskens
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 28:19-27. 2014..In addition, the value of new techniques (including single port surgery) and alternative laparoscopic approaches (e.g. ileo-rectal anastomosis, Kock-pouch and appendectomy) will be discussed...
- Alternative specimen extraction techniques after laparoscopic emergency colectomy in inflammatory bowel diseaseTjibbe J Gardenbroek
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, G4 146 1, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 26:408-12. 2012..The purpose of this study was to report the results of alternative specimen extraction techniques after laparoscopic emergency colectomy in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Morbidity related to defunctioning ileostomy closure after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis and low colonic anastomosisHenderik L van Westreenen
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Postbox 22660, 1100 DD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:49-54. 2012..The aim of the present study was to determine morbidity related to stoma closure and to identify predictive factors of a complicated postoperative course...
- Successful and safe introduction of laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery in Dutch hospitalsNikki E Kolfschoten
Department of Surgery Medical Decision Making, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 257:916-21. 2013..To investigate the safety of laparoscopic colorectal cancer resections in a nationwide population-based study...
- [Organ-sparing treatment for rectal cancer]Erik Tanis
Academisch Medisch Centrum, afd Chirurgie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A2641. 2011..Although initial cohort studies are promising, well designed prospective studies still have to prove the safety of this organ-preserving approach...