Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Issues to address in burn care for ethnic minority children: a qualitative study of the experiences of health care staffJ Suurmond
Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Department of Social Medicine, P O Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Burns 38:730-7. 2012..A qualitative interview study was conducted to gain more insight into burn care for ethnic minority children and the potential challenges this presents...
- Shared decision-making in an intercultural context. Barriers in the interaction between physicians and immigrant patientsJeanine Suurmond
University of Amsterdam Academic Medical Center, Department of Social Medicine, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 60:253-9. 2006..The objective of this exploratory paper is to describe several barriers in shared decision-making in an intercultural context...
- Explaining ethnic disparities in patient safety: a qualitative analysisJeanine Suurmond
Department of Social Medicine, Academic Medical Centre University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Public Health 100:S113-7. 2010..We explored characteristics of in-hospital care and treatment of immigrant patients to better understand the processes underlying ethnic disparities in patient safety...
- Cultural competence among nurse practitioners working with asylum seekersJeanine Suurmond
Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Dept of Public Health, P O Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Nurse Educ Today 30:821-6. 2010..We conclude that insight into these cultural competences may help to develop related education and training for health care providers working with asylum seekers...
- Negative health care experiences of immigrant patients: a qualitative studyJeanine Suurmond
Academic Medical Centre University of Amsterdam, Department of Social Medicine, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 11:10. 2011..Patients' perceptions of negative events are regarded as a potentially important source of information about the quality of health care. We explored negative events in hospital care as perceived by immigrant patients...
- Cultural competence: a conceptual framework for teaching and learningConny Seeleman
Department of Social Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Med Educ 43:229-37. 2009..This paper proposes such a framework...
- Racism in health and health care in Europe: where does the Netherlands stand?Charles Agyemang
Department of Social Medicine Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Postbus 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Public Health 17:240-1. 2007