Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Emotional or educational debriefing after psychological trauma. Randomised controlled trialMarit Sijbrandij
Academic Medical Centre, Department of Psychiatry, Tafelbergweg 25, 1105 BC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 189:150-5. 2006..Recent studies show that individual single-session psychological debriefing does not prevent and can even aggravate symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Treatment of acute posttraumatic stress disorder with brief cognitive behavioral therapy: a randomized controlled trialMarit Sijbrandij
Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Department of Psychiatry, Center for Psychological Trauma, Tafelbergweg 25, 1105 BC, Amsterdam
Am J Psychiatry 164:82-90. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of brief cognitive behavioral therapy for patients with acute posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) resulting from various types of psychological trauma...
- Early prognostic screening for posttraumatic stress disorder with the Davidson Trauma Scale and the SPANMarit Sijbrandij
Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Psychological Trauma, Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Depress Anxiety 25:1038-45. 2008....
- The role of acute cortisol and DHEAS in predicting acute and chronic PTSD symptomsJoanne Mouthaan
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Anxiety Disorders, Research Group Psychotrauma, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 45:179-86. 2014..In this study, we tested whether acute plasma cortisol, DHEAS and the cortisol-to-DHEAS ratio predicted PTSD symptoms at 6 weeks and 6 months post-trauma...
- The role of injury and trauma-related variables in the onset and course of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorderMarit Sijbrandij
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 20:449-55. 2013..However, a similar model without injury showed comparable fit. It is concluded that injuries have a negligible effect on the course of PTSD...
- The structure of acute posttraumatic stress symptoms: 'reexperiencing', 'active avoidance', 'dysphoria', and 'hyperarousal'Miranda Olff
Academic Medical Centre of University, Amsterdam, Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Psychological Trauma, Meibergdreef 5, 1100 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Anxiety Disord 23:656-9. 2009..In future revisions of the DSM, the diagnostic criteria for PTSD may need to be adapted to fit the research findings...
- Comparing screening instruments to predict posttraumatic stress disorderJoanne Mouthaan
Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Anxiety Disorders, Research Group Psychotrauma, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e97183. 2014..Early PTSD risk screening requires sensitive instruments to identify everyone at risk for developing PTSD in need of diagnostic follow-up...
- The structure of peritraumatic dissociation: a cross validation in clinical and nonclinical samplesMarit Sijbrandij
Clinical and Health Psychology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Trauma Stress 25:475-9. 2012....
- Internet-based early intervention to prevent posttraumatic stress disorder in injury patients: randomized controlled trialJoanne Mouthaan
Center for Anxiety Disorders, Research Group Psychotrauma, Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Med Internet Res 15:e165. 2013..We developed a novel, self-guided Internet-based intervention (called Trauma TIPS) based on techniques from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to prevent the onset of PTSD symptoms...
- Psychological group-treatments of social anxiety disorder: a meta-analysisHanna Wersebe
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e79034. 2013..This is the first meta-analysis that examines the effects of cognitive behavioural group therapies (CBGT) for SAD compared to control on symptoms of anxiety...