Ewout S Schut
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Hyperglycemia in bacterial meningitis: a prospective cohort studyEwout S Schut
Department of Neurology, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 9:57. 2009..Hyperglycemia has been associated with unfavorable outcome in several disorders, but few data are available in bacterial meningitis. We assessed the incidence and significance of hyperglycemia in adults with bacterial meningitis...
- Cerebral infarction in adults with bacterial meningitisEwout S Schut
Department of Neurology, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22660, 1100 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurocrit Care 16:421-7. 2012..To evaluate clinical features and prognostic factors of cerebral infarctions in adults with community-acquired bacterial meningitis...
- Validation of a Dutch risk score predicting poor outcome in adults with bacterial meningitis in Vietnam and MalawiEwout S Schut
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e34311. 2012..70) or in the Malawian cohort (c = 0.68). Our validation study shows that new prognostic models have to be developed for these countries in a sufficiently large series of unselected patients...
- Community-acquired bacterial meningitis in adultsEwout S Schut
Department of Neurology, Centre of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pract Neurol 8:8-23. 2008....
- Diffuse cerebral intravascular coagulation and cerebral infarction in pneumococcal meningitisMervyn D I Vergouwen
Department of Neurology, H2 259, Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Neurocrit Care 13:217-27. 2010..We hypothesized that diffuse cerebral intravascular coagulation is an additional explanation of cerebral infarction in patients with pneumococcal meningitis...