Willem F Scholte
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Mental health symptoms following war and repression in eastern AfghanistanWillem F Scholte
Academic Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JAMA 292:585-93. 2004..Its Eastern province of Nangarhar is part of the region that originated the Taliban movement. This may have had a distinct impact on the living circumstances and mental health condition of the province's population...
- Psychometric properties and longitudinal validation of the self-reporting questionnaire (SRQ-20) in a Rwandan community setting: a validation studyWillem F Scholte
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:116. 2011..It aimed to establish the capacities of the Self-Reporting Questionnaire (SRQ-20) to screen for mental disorder and to assess symptom change over time in a Rwandan community setting...
- The effect on mental health of a large scale psychosocial intervention for survivors of mass violence: a quasi-experimental study in RwandaWillem F Scholte
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e21819. 2011..It is open to any person older than 15 years, and enables participation of over 1500 individuals per year. We postulated that the mental health of programme participants would improve significantly relative to non-participants...
- Intimate partner violence in Rwanda: the mental health of victims and perpetratorsFemke Verduin
University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Interpers Violence 28:1839-58. 2013..Longitudinal data are needed to clarify the complex relationship between CMD and IPV, especially if outcomes may also be related to other forms of violence experienced in the past...
- In search of links between social capital, mental health and sociotherapy: a longitudinal study in RwandaFemke Verduin
Academic Medical Center, Dept of Psychiatry, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands Equator Foundation, Diemen, Netherlands Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 121:1-9. 2014..Further identification of pathways of influence may contribute to the designing of psychosocial interventions that effectively promote recovery in war-affected populations...
- Properties of the Hopkins Symptom Checklist-25 (HSCL-25) and the Self-Reporting Questionnaire (SRQ-20) as screening instruments used in primary care in AfghanistanPeter Ventevogel
HealthNet TPO, Mental Health Programme, Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:328-35. 2007..Recent epidemiological studies in Afghanistan using mental health questionnaires yielded high prevalence rates for anxiety and depression...