Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Information demands of occupational health physicians and their attitude towards evidence-based medicineFrederieke Schaafsma
Coronel Institute for Work, Environment and Health, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Scand J Work Environ Health 30:327-30. 2004..This study assessed the extent and nature of information demands among occupational health physicians and their attitude towards the application of evidence-based medicine in occupational health...
- Developing search strategies in Medline on the occupational origin of diseasesFrederieke Schaafsma
Coronel Institute for Work, Environment and Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Ind Med 49:127-37. 2006....
- Occupational physicians: what are their questions in daily practice? An observation studyFrederieke Schaafsma
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam Coronel Institute for Occupational and Environmental Health, PO Box 22700, Amsterdam 1100 DE, The Netherlands
Occup Med (Lond) 56:191-8. 2006..To enable occupational physicians (OPs) to make use of scientific information in the decision-making process, evidence-based occupational health practice is stimulated...
- Effectiveness and efficiency of a literature search strategy to answer questions on the etiology of occupational diseases: a controlled trialFrederieke Schaafsma
Coronel Institute of Occupational Health Netherlands Center for Occupational Diseases, Academic Medical Center, Universiteit van Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 80:239-47. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of a search strategy to find evidence-based answers to questions related to the possible occupational etiology of diseases...
- Caution required when relying on a colleague's advice; a comparison between professional advice and evidence from the literatureFrederieke Schaafsma
Coronel Institute for Occupational and Environmental Health, Academic Medical Centre, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 5:59. 2005..To find out if there was a difference between expert-based practice and EBM we compared professional advice on occupational health topics with best evidence from the literature...
- Enhancing evidence-based advice of occupational health physiciansFrederieke Schaafsma
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Department Coronel Institute of Occupational Health, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scand J Work Environ Health 33:368-78. 2007..This study attempted to determine the effectiveness of an intervention to enhance evidence-based advice given by occupational physicians...