Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Elferink R, Groen A. Genetic defects in hepatobiliary transport. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1586:129-45 pubmed..Four of these transporter genes are associated with inherited diseases. In this minireview we will shortly describe our present understanding of bile formation and the associated inherited defects...
- Elferink R, Ottenhoff R, Fricker G, Seward D, Ballatori N, Boyer J. Lack of biliary lipid excretion in the little skate, Raja erinacea, indicates the absence of functional Mdr2, Abcg5, and Abcg8 transporters. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;286:G762-8 pubmed..Little skate plasma membranes may be protected against bile salt micelles mainly by their high sphingomyelin content...
- Oude Elferink R, Paulusma C. Function and pathophysiological importance of ABCB4 (MDR3 P-glycoprotein). Pflugers Arch. 2007;453:601-10 pubmed..In this review, we will discuss the functional aspects of ABCB4 and the regulation of its expression. Furthermore, we will describe the clinical and biochemical consequences of complete and partial deficiency of ABCB4 function...
- Oude Elferink R, de Waart R. Transporters in the intestine limiting drug and toxin absorption. J Physiol Biochem. 2007;63:75-81 pubmed..This combined activity strongly determines whether drugs have access to the systemic circulation...
- Chang J, Go S, Verhoeven A, Beuers U, Oude Elferink R. Role of the bicarbonate-responsive soluble adenylyl cyclase in cholangiocyte apoptosis in primary biliary cholangitis; a new hypothesis. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864:1232-1239 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Cholangiocytes in Health and Diseaseedited by Jesus Banales, Marco Marzioni and Peter Jansen. ..