L E Gamadia
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Skewed maturation of virus-specific CTLs?Laila E Gamadia
Nat Immunol 3:203. 2002
- Differentiation of cytomegalovirus-specific CD8(+) T cells in healthy and immunosuppressed virus carriersL E Gamadia
Renal Transplant Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 98:754-61. 2001..Our data show that in response to immunosuppressive medication quantitative and qualitative changes occur in the CD8(+) T-cell compartment. These adaptations may be instrumental to maintain CMV latency. (Blood. 2001;98:754-761)..
- Cross-reactivity of cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ T cells to allo-major histocompatibility complex class I moleculesLaila E Gamadia
Renal Transplant Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center G1 106, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transplantation 77:1879-85. 2004..The underlying mechanism of this association could be the generation of CMV-specific CD8 T cells capable of cross-reacting with alloantigens present on graft and host, respectively...
- Primary immune responses to human CMV: a critical role for IFN-gamma-producing CD4+ T cells in protection against CMV diseaseLaila E Gamadia
Renal Transplant Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 101:2686-92. 2003....
- Development of virus-specific CD4(+) T cells during primary cytomegalovirus infectionR J Rentenaar
Renal Transplant Unit, Department of Medicine, Academic Medical Center, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 105:541-8. 2000..After the initial rise, circulating virus-specific CD4(+) T cells decline rapidly. During this phase, a strong rise in IgM and IgG anti-CMV antibody titers occurs, concomitant with the reduction of CMV-DNA in the circulation...
- T-lymphocyte subset distribution in human spleenM Langeveld
Laboratory for Experimental Immunology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 36:250-6. 2006..To date the spleen has not been analyzed with regard to its role in adaptive cellular immunity and more notably not with respect to T-cell immune responses...
- Expansion of CMV-specific CD8+CD45RA+CD27- T cells in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaWendelina J M Mackus
Department of Hematology, Academic Medical Center, Rm F4 210, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 102:1057-63. 2003..Furthermore, because in CMV-seronegative patients no increase in cytotoxic CD8+ T cells is found, our studies do not support the hypothesis that tumor-specific T cells account for T-cell expansion in B-CLL...
- Proliferation requirements of cytomegalovirus-specific, effector-type human CD8+ T cellsEster M van Leeuwen
Department of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Nephrology and Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergsreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 169:5838-43. 2002..Our data imply that CD45RA(+)CD27(-)CCR7(-) effector-type T cells contribute to immunity not only by direct execution of effector functions, but also by yielding progeny in situations of viral reinfection or reactivation...
- The size and phenotype of virus-specific T cell populations is determined by repetitive antigenic stimulation and environmental cytokinesLaila E Gamadia
Renal Transplant Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Laboratory for Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 172:6107-14. 2004..Thus, induction of CD70, which may vary in distinct viral infections, appears to be a key factor in determining the size and phenotype of the CMV-specific T cell population in latently infected individuals...
- Properties of CD4(+) T cells in human cytomegalovirus infectionLaila E Gamadia
Laboratory for Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Immunol 65:486-92. 2004....
- Detailed kinetics of EBV-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells during primary EBV infection in a kidney transplant patientErwan R W A N Piriou
Department of Clinical Viro Immunology, Sanquin Research at CLB, and Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Immunol 119:16-20. 2006....
- Human CD8(+) T-cell differentiation in response to virusesRene A W van Lier
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Centre, P O Box 11600, 1100AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Immunol 3:931-9. 2003