Henry Jc de Vries
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- No evidence for LGV transmission among heterosexuals in Amsterdam, the NetherlandsMarlies Heiligenberg
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service Amsterdam, P, O, Box 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Res Notes 7:355. 2014..In recent years a few cases of lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) in heterosexuals in Europe have been reported. It is not known whether LGV transmission among heterosexuals occurs on a wider scale...
- No indication for tissue tropism in urogenital and anorectal Chlamydia trachomatis infections using high-resolution multilocus sequence typingBart Versteeg
Public Health Laboratory, Cluster Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 14:464. 2014..Previous studies showed that C. trachomatis strains found in MSM are different from those in heterosexuals. This study investigates whether the differences in strain distribution between MSM and heterosexuals are due to tissue tropism...
- Serovar D and E of serogroup B induce highest serological responses in urogenital Chlamydia trachomatis infectionsStephan P Verweij
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Department of Medical Microbiology and Infection Control, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081, HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 14:3. 2014..The aim of the current study was to confirm and strengthen those findings about serological IgG responses in relation to C. trachomatis serogroups and serovars...
- Modelling the impact of chlamydia screening on the transmission of HIV among men who have sex with menMaria Xiridou
National Institute of Public Health and Environment, P, O, Box 1, 3720, BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 13:436. 2013....
- Point-of-care test for detection of urogenital chlamydia in women shows low sensitivity. A performance evaluation study in two clinics in SurinameJannie J van der Helm
STI Outpatient Clinic, Cluster Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e32122. 2012..However, one study sponsored by the manufacturer (Diagnostics for the Real World) reported over 80% sensitivity with their Chlamydia Rapid Test (CRT). We evaluated the performance of this CRT in a non-manufacturer-sponsored trial...
- Dermal organization in scleroderma: the fast Fourier transform and the laser scatter method objectify fibrosis in nonlesional as well as lesional skinH J de Vries
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Lab Invest 80:1281-9. 2000..Future studies will need to focus on the correlation between clinical disease severity and collagen bundle characteristics...
- Botryomycosis in an HIV-positive subjectH J C de Vries
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, POB 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:87-90. 2003..Large lesions were excised surgically and with antimicrobial therapy all skin symptoms disappeared. We discuss this case with reference to a short review of the literature on botryomycosis in relation to HIV infection...
- No indication of Swedish Chlamydia trachomatis variant among STI clinic visitors in AmsterdamH J C de Vries
STI Outpatient Clinic, Infectious Diseases Cluster, Health Service Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Euro Surveill 12:E070208.3. 2007
- Anal infections with concomitant Chlamydia trachomatis genotypes among men who have sex with men in Amsterdam, the NetherlandsKoen D Quint
The Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 11:63. 2011..To detect concomitant Ct genotype infections, the pmpH LGV PCR and genoTyping Reverse Hybridization Assay (Ct-DT RHA) were used...