Jean Claude Davin
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura nephritis: pathophysiology, treatment, and future strategyJean Claude Davin
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:679-89. 2011..This paper reports clinical, pathologic, and experimental data to be used for this strategy and to assist clinicians and clinical trial designers to reach therapeutic decisions...
- Maintenance of kidney function following treatment with eculizumab and discontinuation of plasma exchange after a third kidney transplant for atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome associated with a CFH mutationJean Claude Davin
Paediatric Nephrology Department, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Zuid Oost, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 55:708-11. 2010..This and other reports suggest that the promise of complement inhibitors in the management of aHUS is going to be fulfilled...
- Prophylactic plasma exchange in CD46-associated atypical haemolytic uremic syndromeJean Claude Davin
Paediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam ZO, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1757-60. 2009..Prophylactic PE does not influence the natural course of aHUS and CD46 mutation...
- Long-term follow-up of renal transplantation in children: a Dutch cohort studyJaap W Groothoff
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transplantation 78:453-60. 2004..Few data exist on long-term morbidity, overall survival, and graft survival of pediatric renal transplantation...
- Complement factor H-associated atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in monozygotic twins: concordant presentation, discordant response to treatmentJean Claude Davin
Emma Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Pathology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 47:e27-30. 2006..73 m2 [1.98 mL/s/1.73 m2]) on maintenance PE therapy. In conclusion, the response to treatment of these monozygotic twins suggests that long-term PE may have benefits over plasma infusion alone...
- Plasma therapy in atypical haemolytic uremic syndrome: lessons from a family with a factor H mutationJean Claude Davin
Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, 9 Meibergdreef, 1105, Amsterdam Z O, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1517-21. 2008....
- Frequencies of circulating cytolytic, CD45RA+CD27-, CD8+ T lymphocytes depend on infection with CMVTaco W Kuijpers
Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 170:4342-8. 2003..Preferential expansion of CD8(+)CD45RA(+)CD27(-) cytolytic T cells seems unique for CMV...
- Pulmonary complaints and lung function after pediatric kidney transplantationKarlien Cransberg
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Transplant 12:201-6. 2008..Children with a kidney transplant are at increased risk for obstructive lung disease. We recommend to monitor lung function during the follow-up after renal transplantation...
- Cardiovascular disease as a late complication of end-stage renal disease in childrenJaap W Groothoff
Emma Children s Hospital AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 20:374-9. 2005....
- IGG and complement receptor expression on peripheral white blood cells in uraemic childrenAntonia H M Bouts
Emma Children s Hospital, G8 218, Academic Medical Center, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2296-301. 2004..We measured the effect of uraemia and dialysis treatment on FcgammaR and CR expression on leukocytes in blood...
- Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in children: complement mutations and clinical characteristicsLianne M Geerdink
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 27:1283-91. 2012....
- Henoch Schonlein purpura in children: an epidemiological study among Dutch paediatricians on incidence and diagnostic criteriaJoost Aalberse
Pediatric Nephrology Department, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam Z O, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1648-50. 2007....
- Spontaneous outgrowth of EBV-transformed B-cells reflects EBV-specific immunity in vivo; a useful tool in the follow-up of EBV-driven immunoproliferative disorders in allograft recipientsMireille T M Vossen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 17:89-96. 2004....
- Cardiac disease in young adult patients with end-stage renal disease since childhood: a Dutch cohort studyMariken P Gruppen
Department of Pediatrics, Emma Children's Hospital AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 63:1058-65. 2003..Diastolic function decreases with age and is enhanced by a current low GFR. Prolonged peritoneal dialysis may enhance aortic valve calcification...
- Severe bone disease and low bone mineral density after juvenile renal failureJaap W Groothoff
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 63:266-75. 2003..To establish clinical manifestations of metabolic bone disease and bone mineral density (BMD) in young adult patients with juvenile ESRD, we performed a long-term outcome study...
- Increased arterial stiffness in young adults with end-stage renal disease since childhoodJaap W Groothoff
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:2953-61. 2002..In conclusion, carotid arterial wall stiffness is increased in young adult patients with pediatric ESRD. Hypertension is a main determinant and might be a target for treatment of these potentially lethal arterial wall changes...
- Mortality and causes of death of end-stage renal disease in children: a Dutch cohort studyJaap W Groothoff
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, and Department of Pediatrics, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, Amsterdam Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 61:621-9. 2002..To establish mortality rates, causes of death, and determinants of mortality in children with end-stage renal disease (ESRD), we performed a national long-term follow up study...