Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Surgical compared with conservative treatment for acute nondisplaced or minimally displaced scaphoid fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsGeert A Buijze
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:1534-44. 2010..In this systematic review and meta-analysis, we pool data from trials comparing surgical and conservative treatment for acute nondisplaced and minimally displaced scaphoid fractures, thus aiming to summarize the best available evidence...
- Fungal disease of the Western hemisphere: a patient with coccidioidomycosisGeert A Buijze
Department of General Internal Medicine, Haga Ziekenhuis, Leyweg 275, 2545 CH, Den Haag, The Netherlands
Eur J Intern Med 20:319-22. 2009..Therefore, we present an up to date overview of the epidemiology, microbiology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of patients with coccidioidomycosis...
- A French national research project to the creation of an auscultation's school: the ASAP projectEmmanuel Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, clinique médicale B, CHRU Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Eur J Intern Med 20:323-7. 2009..This auscultation's school will be destined to the initial and continuous formation of the medical attendants...
- Clinical evaluation of locking compression plate fixation for comminuted olecranon fracturesGeert Buijze
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1100 DD, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2416-20. 2009..To overcome this problem, unicortical screws can be applied with use of a contoured locking compression plate. The present study was designed to assess the effectiveness of this fixation method...
- Biomechanical evaluation of fixation of comminuted olecranon fractures: one-third tubular versus locking compression platingGeert A Buijze
Orthopaedic Research Center Amsterdam, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:459-64. 2010..The purpose of this study was to compare the stiffness and strength of locking compression plate (LCP) fixation to one-third tubular plate fixation in a cadaveric comminuted olecranon fracture model with a standardised osteotomy...
- Osseous and ligamentous scaphoid anatomy: Part I. A systematic literature review highlighting controversiesGeert A Buijze
Orthopaedic Research Center Amsterdam and Department of Plastic Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Hand Surg Am 36:1926-35. 2011..The present study systemically reviews the consistencies or inconsistencies of the various scaphoid ligament descriptions and aims to clarify and unify different concepts and classification systems...
- Osseous and ligamentous scaphoid anatomy: Part II. Evaluation of ligament morphology using three-dimensional anatomical imagingGeert A Buijze
Orthopaedic Research Center Amsterdam, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Hand Surg Am 36:1936-43. 2011..The aim of this study was to provide a more accurate description by quantitatively describing the 3-dimensional, geometrical aspects of the scaphoid ligaments and their attachments, using cryomicrotome images of cadaveric wrists...