L M Brewster
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- [Dangerous fortune: creatine kinase and blood pressure]Lizzy M Brewster
Academisch Medisch Centrum, afd Interne en vasculaire geneeskunde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A5785. 2012..The enzyme that once improved the chance of survival has thus become a risk factor for premature cardiovascular mortality...
- A community-based intervention for primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases in the slums of Nairobi: the SCALE UP study protocol for a prospective quasi-experimental community-based trialSamuel O Oti
African Population and Health Research Center, PO Box 10787 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Trials 14:409. 2013..This study aims to evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of one such intervention--the "Sustainable model for cardiovascular health by adjusting lifestyle and treatment with economic perspective in settings of urban poverty"...
- The association of leisure-time physical activity and active commuting with measures of socioeconomic position in a multiethnic population living in the Netherlands: results from the cross-sectional SUNSET studyJeroen S L de Munter
Department of Public Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 12:815. 2012....
- Why do hypertensive patients of African ancestry respond better to calcium blockers and diuretics than to ACE inhibitors and β-adrenergic blockers? A systematic reviewLizzy M Brewster
Departments of Internal and Vascular Medicine, F4 222, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, AZ, 1105, The Netherlands
BMC Med 11:141. 2013..Therefore, we systematically reviewed the factors associated with the differential drug response of patients of African ancestry to antihypertensive drug therapy...
- Ethnic differences in tissue creatine kinase activity: an observational studyLizzy M Brewster
Departments of Internal and Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e32471. 2012..As serum CK in healthy people is thought to occur from a proportional leak from normal tissues, we hypothesized that the black population subgroup has a generalized higher CK activity in tissues...
- Cardiovascular disease prevention in rural Nigeria in the context of a community based health insurance scheme: QUality Improvement Cardiovascular care Kwara-I (QUICK-I)Marleen Hendriks
Dept of Global Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:186. 2011....
- Low creatine kinase is associated with a high population incidence of faintingLizzy M Brewster
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Auton Res 19:231-6. 2009..The aim of this observational study was to explore the association of vasovagal syncope with low CK...
- Ethnic differences in resistance artery contractility of normotensive pregnant womenL M Brewster
Depts of Internal and Vascular Medicine, F4 222, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H431-6. 2010..These findings in normotensives may imply that the black population is at risk for a further incline in pregnancy-related hypertensive disorders...
- High salt meals in staff canteens of salt policy makers: observational studyL M Brewster
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 343:d7352. 2011..To assess the salt content of hot meals served at the institutions of salt policy makers in the Netherlands...