Elisabeth H Bel
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Diagnosis and definition of severe refractory asthma: an international consensus statement from the Innovative Medicine Initiative (IMI)Elisabeth H Bel
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Thorax 66:910-7. 2011....
- Glucocorticoid-induced changes in gene expression of airway smooth muscle in patients with asthmaChing Yong Yick
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 187:1076-84. 2013..We hypothesized that the gene expression profile of the ASM layer in endobronchial biopsies of patients with asthma is altered by oral glucocorticoid therapy as compared with placebo...
- Severe adult-onset asthma: A distinct phenotypeMarijke Amelink
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 132:336-41. 2013..Some patients with adult-onset asthma have severe disease, whereas others have mild transient disease. It is currently unknown whether patients with severe adult-onset asthma represent a distinct clinical phenotype...
- In vivo imaging of the airway wall in asthma: fibered confocal fluorescence microscopy in relation to histology and lung functionChing Yong Yick
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Respir Res 12:85. 2011..Second, we examined whether elastic fibre patterns in histology and FCFM were different between asthmatic subjects and healthy controls. Finally, the association between these patterns and lung function parameters was investigated...
- Internet-based tapering of oral corticosteroids in severe asthma: a pragmatic randomised controlled trialSimone Hashimoto
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, F5 260, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Thorax 66:514-20. 2011..In patients with prednisone-dependent asthma the dose of oral corticosteroids should be adjusted to the lowest possible level to reduce long-term adverse effects. However, the optimal strategy for tapering oral corticosteroids is unknown...
- Streptococcal lung abscesses from a dental focus following tocilizumab: a case reportMartijn D de Kruif
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:951-3. 2012..Tocilizumab is a novel therapeutic agent targeting interleukin-6. We describe a case of streptococcal lung abscesses from a dental focus after use of tocilizumab for treatment of Takayasu arteritis...
- Exhaled breath profiling enables discrimination of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthmaNiki Fens
Department of Respiratory Medicine, F5 260, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, Amsterdam NL 1100 DE, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:1076-82. 2009..Exhaled air contains volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that may qualify as noninvasive biomarkers. VOC profiles can be assessed using integrative analysis by electronic nose, resulting in exhaled molecular fingerprints (breathprints)...