- Lengthening z-osteotomy of the fibula to correct persistent talar shift following open reduction internal fixation of ankle fractures
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals, Lyndon, West Bromwich, West Midlands, UK
Foot Ankle Spec 5:107-10. 2012
..In cases where ankle fracture union has been compromised by persistent syndesmotic diastasis following open reduction internal fixation, both external rotation and shortening of the fibula have been identified as prominent features...
- Bilateral ankle dislocation without malleolar fracture
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, The Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:441-6. 2008
..Ten months after the trauma, the patient had returned to work with minimal sequelae related to the injury. To our knowledge, this is the first case of its kind to be reported. Level of Clinical Evidence: 4...
- Current controversies in the management of Warthin tumour
Department of Otolaryngology, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust, Liverpool, UK
Postgrad Med J 85:3-8. 2009
..The aim of this review therefore is to detail these elements and clarify the current controversies in managing this lesion...
- Bilateral temporomandibular joint dislocation in a 29-year-old man: a case report
University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry, CV2 2DX, UK
J Med Case Reports 4:263. 2010
..A dislocation of the temporomandibular joint represents three percent of all reported dislocated joints.The treatment entails reduction of the deformity and this can often be achieved in a ward setting...
- Today or tomorrow? A retrospective analysis of the clinical indications used to request urgent magnetic resonance imaging of the spine
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals, West Midlands, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 93:76-80. 2011
..As a secondary objective, the ability of such features to predict the need for spinal surgery was assessed...
- Conservative management of warthin tumour
Venkat M Reddy
Department of Otolaryngology, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 37:744-9. 2008
..Preoperative fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) is useful in diagnosing WT, making conservative management an option. In our institution, patients with an FNAC diagnostic of WT have the option of conservative management...