Gareth Dh Turner
Affiliation: Mahidol University
- Correlation of biomarkers for parasite burden and immune activation with acute kidney injury in severe falciparum malariaKatherine Plewes
Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Malar J 13:91. 2014..falciparum histidine rich protein 2 (PfHRP2), as a measure of sequestered parasite burden, with AKI in severe malaria...
- A morphometric and histological study of placental malaria shows significant changes to villous architecture in both Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax infectionSethawud Chaikitgosiyakul
Department of Tropical Pathology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, 420 6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Malar J 13:4. 2014..Quantitative histomorphological image analysis of placental biopsies was performed to compare placental villous architecture between active or treated placental malaria cases and controls...
- A clinicopathological correlation of the expression of the angiopoietin-Tie-2 receptor pathway in the brain of adults with Plasmodium falciparum malariaPanote Prapansilp
Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Malar J 12:50. 2013....
- The role of postmortem studies in pneumonia etiology researchGareth D H Turner
Mahidol Oxford Research Unit, and Department of Tropical Pathology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 54:S165-71. 2012..However, previous autopsy studies have confirmed the value of histological examination in revealing unsuspected pathogens and influencing clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of future pneumonia cases...
- Coma in fatal adult human malaria is not caused by cerebral oedemaIsabelle M Medana
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, The John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Malar J 10:267. 2011....