J P Gonzalez
Affiliation: Mahidol University
- ArenavirusesJ P Gonzalez
IRD U178, Conditions et Territoires d Emergence des Maladies, Thaïlande, France
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 315:253-88. 2007..The diversity among rodent host reservoir and virus species and the potential to exchange genomic material provide a basis for the emergence of new viruses and the risk of these becoming pathogenic for humans...
- Ebolavirus and other filovirusesJ P Gonzalez
Fundamentals and Domains of Disease Emergence Research Unit, RU178, Institute for Research Development, IRD, Paris, France
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 315:363-87. 2007..During the reproductive period, infected body fluid can also be shed in the environment and present a potential risk for indirect transmission to other vertebrates...
- Evolution of the Old World Arenaviridae and their rodent hosts: generalized host-transfer or association by descent?J P Hugot
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Institut de Systématique, FR 1541 du CNRS, Biosystématique et Coévolution chez les Nématodes Parasites, 75231 Cedex 05, Paris, France
Infect Genet Evol 1:13-20. 2001..This supposes that the origin of the arenaviruses has to be found out of Africa...
- [Risk of arbovirus transmission by ticks in Thailand]J P Cornet
Laboratoire d Acarologie, Center for Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Med Trop (Mars) 64:43-9. 2004..A perusal of the literature allowed initial assessment of the risk for introduction and spread of ticks by bird hosts in Southeast Asia as well as of associated virus...
- Assessment of a new strategy, based on Aedes aegypti (L.) pupal productivity, for the surveillance and control of dengue transmission in ThailandP Barbazan
Centre for Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases, Mahidol University at Salaya, Nakhon Pathom 73170, Thailand
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 102:161-71. 2008..If even such targeted treatment is to be sustainable, however, it will have to be integrated, as one of several activities in which the at-risk communities are encouraged to participate...
- Molecular phylogeny of Guanarito virus, an emerging arenavirus affecting humansJ P Gonzalez
Institut Francais de Recherche Scientifique pour le Developpement en Cooperation ORSTOM, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 53:1-6. 1995..Along with its host restriction and focal distribution, our data support the hypothesis that this virus has been evolving independently in its endemic focus, for some time...
- Arbovirus infections and viral haemorrhagic fevers in Uganda: a serological survey in Karamoja district, 1984F Rodhain
Unité d Ecologie des Systèmes Vectoriels, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 83:851-4. 1989..No evidence of yellow fever or dengue virus circulation was observed. A few individuals had antibodies against Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever, Lassa, Ebola and Marburg viruses, suggesting that these viruses all circulate in the area...
- Ebola and Marburg virus antibody prevalence in selected populations of the Central African RepublicJ P Gonzalez
Institut Français de Recherche Scientifique pour le Développement en Coopération IRD Orstom, Paris, France
Microbes Infect 2:39-44. 2000..0 to 3.9%, mean 3.4%) without an overall significant difference between the two groups (P = 0.14). The potentialities of nonpathogenic filovirus strains circulating in the Central African Republic are discussed...