Affiliation: Khon Kaen
- Sompakdee V, Prawan A, Senggunprai L, Kukongviriyapan U, Samathiwat P, Wandee J, et al. Suppression of Nrf2 confers chemosensitizing effect through enhanced oxidant-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;101:627-634 pubmed publisher..Luteolin inhibited Nrf2 and markedly enhanced cytotoxicity in combination with Cis. Inhibition of Nrf2 is a feasible strategy in enhancing antitumor activity of chemotherapeutic agents and improving efficacy of chemotherapy in CCA. ..
- Boonloh K, Kukongviriyapan U, Pannangpetch P, Kongyingyoes B, Senggunprai L, Prawan A, et al. Rice bran protein hydrolysates prevented interleukin-6- and high glucose-induced insulin resistance in HepG2 cells. Food Funct. 2015;6:566-73 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that RBP suppresses inflammatory cytokine signaling and activates AMPK, and thereby these effects may underlie the insulin sensitizing effect. ..
- Maneesai P, Prasarttong P, Bunbupha S, Kukongviriyapan U, Kukongviriyapan V, Tangsucharit P, et al. Synergistic Antihypertensive Effect of Carthamus tinctorius L. Extract and Captopril in L-NAME-Induced Hypertensive Rats via Restoration of eNOS and ATâ‚R Expression. Nutrients. 2016;8:122 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that there are synergistic antihypertensive effects of CT extract and captopril. These effects are likely mediated by their anti-oxidative properties and their inhibition of RAS. ..
- Samatiwat P, Prawan A, Senggunprai L, Kukongviriyapan U, Kukongviriyapan V. Nrf2 inhibition sensitizes cholangiocarcinoma cells to cytotoxic and antiproliferative activities of chemotherapeutic agents. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:11495-507 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Nrf2 could be a novel strategy in enhancing antitumor activity of chemotherapeutic agent in control of resistant cancer. ..
- Tusskorn O, Senggunprai L, Prawan A, Kukongviriyapan U, Kukongviriyapan V. Phenethyl isothiocyanate induces calcium mobilization and mitochondrial cell death pathway in cholangiocarcinoma KKU-M214 cells. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:571 pubmed publisher..The multiple effects of PEITC may be useful for the development of novel chemotherapy for CCA. ..
- Kukongviriyapan V, Somparn N, Senggunprai L, Prawan A, Kukongviriyapan U, Jetsrisuparb A. Endothelial dysfunction and oxidant status in pediatric patients with hemoglobin E-beta thalassemia. Pediatr Cardiol. 2008;29:130-5 pubmed..Endothelial function is impaired in young thalassemia patients, and impaired endothelial function is associated with oxidant stress. ..
- Kukongviriyapan V, Prawan A, Tassaneyakul W, Aiemsa Ard J, Warasiha B. Arylamine N-acetyltransferase-2 genotypes in the Thai population. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2003;55:278-81 pubmed..2% slow acetylators. The pattern of NAT2 alleles of Thais is similar to those of many Asian populations, although the frequency of NAT2*4 is significantly lower and NAT2*7 is higher than that of Oriental populations. ..
- Pakdeechote P, Bunbupha S, Kukongviriyapan U, Prachaney P, Khrisanapant W, Kukongviriyapan V. Asiatic acid alleviates hemodynamic and metabolic alterations via restoring eNOS/iNOS expression, oxidative stress, and inflammation in diet-induced metabolic syndrome rats. Nutrients. 2014;6:355-70 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, asiatic acid improved metabolic, hemodynamic abnormalities in MS rats that could be associated with its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory effects and recovering regulation of eNOS/iNOS expression...