Affiliation: Khon Kaen
- Maneesai P, Prasarttong P, Bunbupha S, Kukongviriyapan U, Kukongviriyapan V, Tangsucharit P, et al. Synergistic Antihypertensive Effect of Carthamus tinctorius L. Extract and Captopril in L-NAME-Induced Hypertensive Rats via Restoration of eNOS and ATâ‚R Expression. Nutrients. 2016;8:122 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that there are synergistic antihypertensive effects of CT extract and captopril. These effects are likely mediated by their anti-oxidative properties and their inhibition of RAS. ..
- Senaphan K, Sangartit W, Pakdeechote P, Kukongviriyapan V, Pannangpetch P, Thawornchinsombut S, et al. Rice bran protein hydrolysates reduce arterial stiffening, vascular remodeling and oxidative stress in rats fed a high-carbohydrate and high-fat diet. Eur J Nutr. 2018;57:219-230 pubmed publisher..RBPH could be used as dietary supplements to minimize oxidative stress and vascular alterations triggered by MetS. ..
- Sangartit W, Pakdeechote P, Kukongviriyapan V, Donpunha W, Shibahara S, Kukongviriyapan U. Tetrahydrocurcumin in combination with deferiprone attenuates hypertension, vascular dysfunction, baroreflex dysfunction, and oxidative stress in iron-overloaded mice. Vascul Pharmacol. 2016;87:199-208 pubmed publisher..The combination of THU and L1 exerted a greater effect than THU or L1 monotherapy. These results suggest beneficial effects of THU and L1 on iron-induced oxidative stress, hypertension, and vascular dysfunction. ..
- Kukongviriyapan U, Luangaram S, Leekhaosoong K, Kukongviriyapan V, Preeprame S. Antioxidant and vascular protective activities of Cratoxylum formosum, Syzygium gratum and Limnophila aromatica. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:661-6 pubmed..It was concluded that the plant extracts possess antioxidants and have potential roles in protection of vascular dysfunction...
- Pakdeechote P, Bunbupha S, Kukongviriyapan U, Prachaney P, Khrisanapant W, Kukongviriyapan V. Asiatic acid alleviates hemodynamic and metabolic alterations via restoring eNOS/iNOS expression, oxidative stress, and inflammation in diet-induced metabolic syndrome rats. Nutrients. 2014;6:355-70 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, asiatic acid improved metabolic, hemodynamic abnormalities in MS rats that could be associated with its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory effects and recovering regulation of eNOS/iNOS expression...